Paired DSL service problems

douglas1879
Neighbour

Does anyone else have problems with their paired DSL service

7 REPLIES 7

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

What issue(s) are you having with your bonded service?

buckycat
Leader

I did when I first moved into this house that was corrected by replacing the wall plate.

Call Telus. Fastest way is to start a chat and request a call back.

There have been numerous online support sessions and a home visit. Problem is caused by my DSL2 no longer being connected to street box and this is claimed to be beyond fixing. I know better since a close relative in same area had same symptoms & problems but got it restored, to be intentionally cut off again then restored.

I am preparing a CRTC complaint form since I believe that Telus may be deliberately doing this in order to accommodate new customers in a system that is overloaded in some vicinities.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Considering the DSL hardware hasn't been manufactured in quite some time, it may be something as simple as an equipment failure with no remaing available ports to move that line over to or enough spare parts to replace the failed cards. How recently was the repair tech out to your home?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

48 hours ago.
My son in a local strata complex had the same problem with freezing etc. and was forceful in pursuing the matter. He got his 2nd DSl re-connected, then it was disconnected again & finally reconnected. The "smoking gun' was that the Telus 'ticket' for the disconnect was found in the connection room by the Telus tech handling my son's case.
I believe that because of insufficient capacity in some locations Telus intentionally cuts off one DLS line from customers to enable a new customer to be connected where necessary.

xray
Hero
Are the issues related to Optik service or Internet access? You posted in the OptikTV forum.

Optik. At some time in the past, unknown to me, one of my paired DSLs was disconnected by Telus. A similar situation existed with a relative in my area.
Resulted in freezing & pixelization. A real bummer when you find out that a PVR show is affected but opportunity to re-record is gone.