cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I watch 4K channels on more than one TV

KevinL
Neighbour

Hello. I have all of the following requirements for 4K TV but can only get 4K on one of my TV's.  It is the TV connected to the main PVR box that can only watch 4K channels.  The notes from Telus below (#2) seem to indicate that my other TV's should have access to 4K channels too, but they do not.  The message says that the box does not support 4K.

1. A 4K TV that supports both HDMI 2.0 and High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) 2.2
  2. An Optik 4K PVR. The Optik 4K PVR allows you to record, pause and watch 4K programs and enables viewing and recording of programs on up to five additional TVs in the home
  •  
    The Optik 4K Wireless Digital Box provides the 4K experience for other 4K TVs in your home, in addition to being our latest generation digital box.
    Note
    : A 4K TV is not required for general HD television viewing
  1. The minimum Internet service required to watch 4K content is TELUS Internet 50. Included with the Optik 4K Offer, Internet 50 supports the improved picture quality that 4K delivers
  2. An HDMI cable that clearly indicates it is a High speed or Premium high speed cable
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Cisco ISB7105 boxes only support up to 1080p and will not be able to display 4K content. Those boxes are typically provided for non 4K TVs. If you wanted to watch 4K content and the TVs are 4K also, then you'd have to contact Telus and discuss upgrading the set top boxes to 4K capable ones.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Not all of the set top boxes are 4K capable. Some are only 1080p. What models are the non-PVR boxes? Are all of your TVs 4K?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Hello and thanks for the reply.  The non-PVR boxes are Cisco ISB7105 models.  Yes, two other TV's are 4K.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Cisco ISB7105 boxes only support up to 1080p and will not be able to display 4K content. Those boxes are typically provided for non 4K TVs. If you wanted to watch 4K content and the TVs are 4K also, then you'd have to contact Telus and discuss upgrading the set top boxes to 4K capable ones.