cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Err_Player_001

RobG3987
Ambassador
Latest problem:
Got err_player_001 on all tv boxes on most channels (eg 101 works, 102 doesn't).
Reviewed all channels and random throughout, some work some don't.
Same on multiple boxes thru home.
Resets didn't affect any change.
Even tried factory resetting one box to ensure newest updates.
Spent 1.5 hours with tech support, no resolution.
Escalated to next level.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the feedback.
I have 4 TV's in my home each with the same OPTV STB and the problem repeated on all of them, so in my opinion it's independent of the TV's ( 2 Samsung's, a LG, and a Viewsonic).
Also on all of them, the error did occur on the same channels.
I suspect it might have had something to do with the internet as I was also getting a "no internet connection" (each box is connected by ethernet not wifi) however I was able to ping each device and had a good response time on the ping timing.
A further follow up the next morning showed everything was working good again.
The TS agent called me back the next day to followup ( good CS 👍) and saw that it had been escalated to a higher tier to investigate and resolve.
They apparently found/fixed something but unfortunately no notes were available to explain.
So unfortunately no root cause or fix but it's working for now.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Optik-Kate  any insight you could share?

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi, the P001 error indicates that the start of the playback has timed out. The causation is not super clear, it can be related to internet connection. That said, please see additional troubleshooting steps from our development team (not sequential):

- Try to navigate away from the channel where you are seeing the error and then navigate back, playback should resume

- Sometimes the error can simply be dismissed and the playback should work 

- Last resort, try to program your TV with the TELUS Remote so the TV and STB can open at the same time. (I'm not sure why this would help, but it is suggested for various errors).

If none of the above works for you, can you share your TV model? We do try to test as many models/makes as possible, but it's impossible to catch them all. We will try to investigate further. 

Thanks for the feedback.
I have 4 TV's in my home each with the same OPTV STB and the problem repeated on all of them, so in my opinion it's independent of the TV's ( 2 Samsung's, a LG, and a Viewsonic).
Also on all of them, the error did occur on the same channels.
I suspect it might have had something to do with the internet as I was also getting a "no internet connection" (each box is connected by ethernet not wifi) however I was able to ping each device and had a good response time on the ping timing.
A further follow up the next morning showed everything was working good again.
The TS agent called me back the next day to followup ( good CS 👍) and saw that it had been escalated to a higher tier to investigate and resolve.
They apparently found/fixed something but unfortunately no notes were available to explain.
So unfortunately no root cause or fix but it's working for now.