cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant Rent PPV's like boxing on new telus evolution system? This is nuts....

Montell
Coach

Someone brought to my attention while I was looking to buy the spence vs crawford boxing ppv Saturday, telus new system does not allow recordings of PPV like the old optik, nor can you even rent a ppv?

I am not sure if telus put any thought into this. My friend has shaw blucurve or whatever its going by now, and he can still buy the ppv, he cant record it, which sucks, but its also available on demand after the ppv. My old telus optik i could record it.

So why can we not even rent ppv's with telus, and with the new cloud recording why can we not record it?

Someone said we have to download the provider app for each ppv, so ufc for ufc,  boxing for boxing ect...which is incredibly unintuitive for users (were going to be constantly downloading app's for a ppv event) frustrating, and insane.

Also this boxing fight is on showtime which is not available in canada nor is the app available in canada. I have no way to watch it...

Search results on google told me to download a vpn or purchase IPTV. I dont know if telus thought this out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Montell. I hear your pain-point(s). The bad news is PPV is currently unavailable. The good news is PPV will return in the near future (target is before end of year). I know it's not ideal for the upcoming match but we're working on improving the experience. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Montell. I hear your pain-point(s). The bad news is PPV is currently unavailable. The good news is PPV will return in the near future (target is before end of year). I know it's not ideal for the upcoming match but we're working on improving the experience. 

Montell
Coach

Edit.