cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot customize closed captions in Google Telus TV Box

gschwarz
Friendly Neighbour

Hello,

I'm new to Telus Optik TV and just got the new Google TV Boxes. Everything is very slick about this system, except for the closed captions. By default the text renders with huge letters and all capitals. Luckily in the device settings, accessiblity section there are plently of options to customize the closed captions layout, however they don't have any effect. I still see the ugly default captions that take almost 20% of the screen real estate.

Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

6 REPLIES 6

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

Can you try adjusting your resolution to see if that helps? Here's how you can adjust it using the "For TELUS TV Digital Box users" instructions. 

gschwarz
Friendly Neighbour
Adjusting the resolution didn't make any difference. Closed captions are still comically large and do not respond to settings. What else could it be? Could someone please test this in your Telus Google TV boxes? That would be greatly appreciated.

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've asked about it and it looks like it's the default setting for now but we're working on customization for the future. 

gschwarz
Friendly Neighbour

Thanks very much for digging further, Dru, but you haven't convinced me, I'm sorry. The caption customization is built-in the Telus TV+ box but it just doesn't take effect. Please see the attached picture.

PXL_20231107_194414625.MP.jpg

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

I can see how that can make things confusing. That is the native customization setting baked into the boxes' UI. We would still need to enable it on the app - we're working on it, though!

Rocky3
Leader

@gschwarz 

On another issue I signed out and logged back again and voila that was fixed. Try that