Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
100% helpful (2/2)
dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

What's a Community Power User?

You may have noticed a "CPU" designation attached to the profiles of prominent members in our community. CPUs, or Community Power Users, are customers - just like you - who are passionate about sharing knowledge and collaborative problem-solving. They come from all walks of life and bring their unique experiences into the conversation with the goal of helping you get the most out of your TELUS products and services. 

Do CPUs Get Perks?

Absolutely. We want our most active members to be well-versed in our products and services beyond what they're subscribed to so we hook them with perks including (but not limited to) the following:

• Special Permissions: CPUs are provisioned access to features and exclusive areas of our community that are not available to the general public.
  • Products/Services Pilots: We want authentic feedback so we enlist the help of our CPUs during product/service development. Some of the very products you use have input from this group.
  • Access to Internal Team Members: CPUs are a curious bunch so we help them scratch that itch by connecting them to members of our Product Teams.
  • And More: We made this purposely vague. We want to properly recognize their contributions but it's not always a one-size-fits-all approach. We set up the CPUs to understand our entire portfolio of products and services to help you 🙂.

How do I Become a CPU?

We're always on the look-out for helpful members so we may reach out to recruit you. Alternatively, we may post a link to an application form but we're not currently taking submissions. If this role interests you, please keep checking back to this post to see if we've opened up our application form. 

Who Are They?

I'm glad you asked. They're long-time TELUS customers and hail from three provinces. Learn more about them:

Bob-removebg-preview.png

@FuzzyLogic  

Home is: Edmonton, AB

Favourite band: Tom Waits, Wilco, EELS, The Rolling Stones, Ray Charles, J.J. Cale, The The, Allan Rayman, Alton Ellis, Dire Straits/Mark Knopfler, Jack Johnson, Kevin Drew, James, U-Roy, The Black Keys, Junip, Seasick Steve, Jackie Mittoo, Spoon, Mississsippi John Hurt, Soul Coughing, Wet Leg

Favourite hobby: Collecting music, videogames

Food I can eat everyday without getting bored: Just about anything with noodles (Asian or Italian)

Favourite community forum (besides Neighbourhood): Reddit Edmonton

David-removebg-preview.png

@NFtoBC 

Home is: St John's, NFLD

Favourite food: Fried squid
Favourite place I've visited: Amsterdam

If I could pick one superpower, I'd have the ability to: End aggression 

Favourite community forum (besides Neighbourhood): Any number of EV forums

memoji-removebg-preview.png

@Nighthawk   

Home is: Edmonton, AB

Food I can eat everyday without getting bored: Karaage fried chicken
Favourite place I've visited: Japan

Favourite band(s): Marianas Trench, E-Type, Ivan Torrent, Enigma, Annie Lennox, Daft Punk

Favourite community forum (besides Neighbourhood): Reddit Edmonton

Ryan-removebg-preview.png

@WestCoasterBC  

Home is: Courtenay, BC

Favourite movie(s): Top Gun, Top Gun: Maverick, Super Troopers

Favourite hobby: Renovating, Gardening

First thing I'd do if I won the lottery: Pay off all my friends mortgages

Favourite community forum (besides Neighbourhood): RedFlagDeals.com

Was this article helpful? Yes No
Comments
A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

@FuzzyLogic is there a reason we haven't discussed our mutual love of Tom Waits? 

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

It's never come up before😉

A good friend of mine is a very serious fan and is on his mailing list hoping for one last tour. He's seen him a few times. Sadly I have not.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

I am too, haha.

Funny trivia: I'm from Alberta, was in Calgary...planning to move to Vancouver in Dec 2004. Few months prior a friend lets me know 'Tom Waits is coming here in October'. I was on a bus a few days later. Had my stuff shipped here, crashed at my friend's place for a few months. Saw Tom play the Orpheum Theatre. Halfway through his set he says 'So it turns out tomorrow is the anniversary of a smaller venue here, so I'm going to stay overnight and play the Commodore Ballroom tomorrow night. Tickets will be on sale tomorrow morning.'

So after the show me and about a hundred others ran down the street and sat overnight in front of the Commodore to get tickets for the next night haha. Definitely worth it, albeit really cold and long to sit outside on the street.  Here's an article about it: https://www.straight.com/article/tom-waits-0    Need one more tour!!

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I'm jealous. Sadly I'm not optimisitic he will tour again.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

That or a new album is all I hope.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would be interested in becoming a member as community power user in the future.

Version history
Last update:
August
Updated by:
Community Manager
Contributors