cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work

alexiscarson6
Neighbour
Hello. I’ve been trying to work for this company for months now and my manger and coworker haven’t been in touch with me. they took my money and haven’t answered me. my manager seen all my messages and also won’t answer the phone. i’ve been told for weeks that i would be paid and my credit card is going to be paid off.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus would not request money from you or ask you to pay for equipment to work for them. It sounds like you may have fallen victim to scammers pretending to be Telus.

https://www.edmontonpolice.ca/CrimePrevention/PersonalFamilySafety/Frauds/OnlineScams/EmploymentScam...

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus would not request money from you or ask you to pay for equipment to work for them. It sounds like you may have fallen victim to scammers pretending to be Telus.

https://www.edmontonpolice.ca/CrimePrevention/PersonalFamilySafety/Frauds/OnlineScams/EmploymentScam...

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

They requested $110 to fill out a form to get my ID. 

email me so i can explain more: [mod edit - private info]

The reason the scammers delay you is that after a certain point, you can't do a chargeback on the credit card.

There have been several posts on the forums here recently from users seeking to work with Telus asking if what they encountered was a scam.  Unless you submitted your resume directly through Telus's job postings on their website, consider it a scam.

i did submit some information on a website but that was months ago so i don’t really remember. also my manager does contact me her name is Dianne Bushnell. if that sounds familiar then let me know. she is a human resource manager 

What Nighthawk said is true, anything that's not from our official website's postings should not be considered legitimate.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

I sent in an application that was sent to me over Telagram. It was a few months ago. If the company could find my application and let me know, that could prove if I’m being scammed or not. 

If it was through Telegram, it wasn't legitimate.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.