cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund still not issued after weeks, returned an Iphone X

km626
Just Moved In
I’m getting to the point now where I’m going to chargeback my credit card.

2 months ago (August 13th) I had the win back team contact me about an iPhone X offer and a good plan. I originally took it and I got the device shipped to me. Ended up finding a better deal, so I wanted to return the device, so I put it back in the box. Called TELUS and they said no problem, we’ll send out a return label. 2 weeks later, I still haven’t received the label. Called them and they said that because I haven’t reset the phone that the system didn’t allow them to send it out. BS, but okay. So I reset the iPhone and they said it would take a week to get to me.

Two weeks after that, I got the label, immediately packed everything, and sent it back. They managed to get it back less than a week later.

A few weeks later, they still have yet to refund me, even though they promised to expedite my refund since I waited so long. In this time, the bill has racked up to over $200 and I told them that they need to do something about it before it affects my credit rating. They said not to worry and that I should get my refund soon.

It’s been two weeks since I called them last, and the bill has not been wiped, the account hasn’t been cancelled, and I haven’t got my money back.

Who do I contact about this? I’m thinking I’ll be contacting CCTS and/or my bank at this point to have the charges reversed. I’m going to try and call TELUS once more, but has anybody else gone through this?
1 REPLY 1

Lola
Rockstar

They mailed you the return label? I hope that was your choice over getting the label by email, and not the only way Telus does return labels. Refunds for returned items can take days to months, there's no set time, and maybe the account won't be cancelled until Telus determines how much you owe for services while you had the phone. Usually after 30 days you can dispute the returned item transaction with your bank or CC company, and make sure you have all the proper paperwork when you do. Good luck!