cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed payment due to Covid 19

Saqib
Just Moved In
My bill was due on April 06 due to Covid 19 I lost my job and I couldn’t make my payment. I applied for CERB and received money on April 11. I paid past due right away but TELUS reported payment to Credit bureau. My credit has been dropped almost 80 points. I talked to TELUS but they are not helping me. Is there anyone who can suggest me what should I do? Should I go for dispute?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

A single report of a late payment should not affect your credit rating. Usually late payments aren’t even reported until 30 days. Are you certain the late payment of 5 days resulted in the change in credit rating? 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

A single report of a late payment should not affect your credit rating. Usually late payments aren’t even reported until 30 days. Are you certain the late payment of 5 days resulted in the change in credit rating? 

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

polecat
All-Star

@Saqib  This should not happen years ago I had a nasty change to my prepaid plan. (did not inform me of change) I used this email address  ([email protected])  You can escalate up from there.  Polecat