cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible cell service

LiliB
Friendly Neighbour
We have done everything we've been told to do when I called in and even went to store. I've done the resets in network settings and even replaced our sim cards. We still have 1 bar alot of the time and can't make calls without either calls dropping or the person we call can't hear us. I have to use wifi to call if I want stable connection. This has been going on over a month now. Not sure what changed suddenly.
9 REPLIES 9

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello. Is this happening everywhere or just in a certain specific location? I myself am in an area with less than optimal signal (our neighbourhood has one nearby cell tower, and it's behind a giant wooded area...not great) so rely on Wi-Fi calling while at home. If you're only experiencing this in a certain spot then a call into our Mobility team to check the area may be in order. If it's happening everywhere, it may be the device itself.

LiliB
Friendly Neighbour
It seems to be mostly at home but then i make most of my calls from home. We both have different phones and have same problem so I don't think that is it. We had service just fine and suddenly now we don't for a month. Tower is still same distance away from us as before.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Gotcha. If our coverage map at https://www.telus.com/en/mobility/network/coverage-map shows that you should be getting a solid signal and you're not, your best bet would be to reach out to our Mobility team directly at 1-866-558-2273 so they can investigate further!

LiliB
Friendly Neighbour
I have, map looks good. I will have to call them again see if there's anything else that can be done. Thank you.

LiliB
Friendly Neighbour
I can't even get a proper call back! It just hangs up on me and then cancels. Over hour wait times. Sick of telus. As soon as contract is up we are done. Sooner if possible.

Starfwd
Just Moved In
I have the same issues with no help, only the automated link sent to do all these simple resets on my iPhone 11. Just got a new work IPhone 12 which started up, on Rogers network, showing 5G. I’ve never had 5G and only get 1-2 bars on LTE ever. Phone dropping calls and long time page loads always . Terrible service for phone and support.

LiliB
Friendly Neighbour

I dont recall having 5g ever either. It's always 2-4 bars saying LTE. 4 bars doesnt stay long and never when I'm at home anymore. Finally got through to someone and they said they are looking into it but basically there probably won't be a fix anytime soon and the suggestion was to use wifi calling. Which I already have to do when I'm at home now. Never had to before.

I switched to The Big Red in 2019 for this very reason and boy am I glad I did that!

LiliB
Friendly Neighbour
Never heard of it. Why do you chat on telus forum then? Honest curiousity.