cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible Cell Phone Reception - Central Penticton, BC

msundin99
Just Moved In

Hello Telus and other Penticton Residents 

I moved to Penticton in Dec 2021, since then, I noticed my cell service in most of my home, is well, terrible.  I have to go outside of my home or at least to the front living room (nearest the street area).

As many do these days, I work from home.  So it sucks to have to walk to the living room our out of the house, just to receive a cell phone call.  I am not in the boonies.  I am in middle of Penticton, 3 blocks from the main shopping centre....Cherry Lane Mall.   Other neighbors have experienced the same challenges.

What is up Telus....you are supposed to be the best in Western Canada for cell service.

I need some help with this.  

Thank you

Mark S

5 REPLIES 5

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can report an issue via this web page:

5G and 4G LTE, HSPA+ & LPWA network coverage map | TELUS

I used to have terrible reception in my concrete (bunker) condo in downtown Edmonton until I got a phone with 5G.

Another option would be to enable Wi-Fi calling:

Wi-Fi Calling for Apple and Android devices | TELUS Support

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Thank you for that information.

I have been using wifi calling, but still not acceptable. Dropping calls and most of the time 80+ %, people say they cannot hear me, or it’s very choppy.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone

I have the same problem in Penticton.  I don’t have any problem hearing other people, but they can’t hear me or it is very choppy.  I called tech services the other day and they suggested that it might have to do with the fact that 5G is not yet fully enabled.  They advised me to use LTE only in Penticton.  This did improve my experience somewhat, but has not solved the problem entirely.  Like you, I am in central Penticton and so should not have any service problems. 

Dimo-X

You can also try disabling LTE on your phone, in some instances that might improve connectivity indoors or in certain fringe areas.

Rachelc
Just Moved In
I have the same problem in red deer ab, in my house, outside my house, down the street. It’s frustrating