cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd party subsctiption options that Telus should fix

K_K
Neighbour

3 weeks ago i've got text message from pbm.cx saying that i subscribed to gaming service ( i did not ). I assumed its spam but just in case i called Telus ( 80 min wait for someone to answer ! ). I was told that there is no charge on the account and it should all be good. Today I've got my bill with 13.99 charge for service I did not subscribe to and Telus even that nice on one phone( after 60 min wait )  tells me they cannot block it or even refund the fee.

I am really upset that Telus does not have option to block premium messages and subscriptions .

They are partnering with questionable service providers like paybymobile . Website that does not even have phone number, contact info or any customer service.

I am getting billed by pbm.cx on my phone bill.  Service that I did not subscribe to or ever used , yet as they partnered with Telus they can bill me.

You guys better figure out how to stop this from happening or this will be a big issue. It's not my job to be trying to get my money back or verify every bill . I am paying over 200$ for my phone bill and its is unacceptable to have to deal with things like this.

Also asking customers for their pin number on the phone ? there should be secured way to enter it 😛

3 REPLIES 3

T-Speed
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @K_K 

We are sorry to hear that you feel this way.

TELUS only simplifies the billing process by allowing the purchases made by our customers with third-party vendors, to be charged on the TELUS bill.

You can contact PM Connect (pbm.cx)

They should also be able to provide more details about the purchase.

Thank you for providing contact information's for that company. Its' not available on their partially finished website.

<quote>

We are sorry to hear that you feel this way.

TELUS only simplifies the billing process by allowing the purchases made by our customers with third-party vendors, to be charged on the TELUS bill.</quote>

I think as customer I should have choice to disable that option.

Getting subscribed to service that I do not want or use and then dealing with cancellations and hours on the phone is no fun just to find out that It can't be blocked and that Telus won't cover this unauthorized charge.

My phone number got subscribed to service without my authorization or phone number verification. 

I will email "pbm" and request ban on my phone number however If things like this will continue to happen I will be forced to change providers . It's just not worth the headache

K_K
Neighbour

Just an update, I've reached out to "pbm" and it all went to nowhere. In two emails to them I asked for refund and explanation of how is it possible that someone has registered for their service without access to my phone but In both cases I was ignored and sent bank to Telus. As far as I am concerned they are fraud company that have registered number of Telus phone numbers to get easy money. I will let it slide once but another charge like this and I am done with Telus. NOT a happy customerpbm scam 1.jpgpbm scam 2.jpg