cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new phone set up

LNL
Just Moved In

i just ordered a new account online last night.  The payment went through my credit card today.  I received 2 emails from telus welcoming me and inviting me to finish setting up my registration pretty much right away.  I did not have the time to do right away so left it till today.  This morning there was another email from telus advising me that my email address had been changed. Huh?  I did not do that.  So I tried to proceed with registering my account through the email they sent me.  The very first thing it asks is for my phone number, and it does not recognize it.  So I try to enter my number and the order number. nope. Does not recognize it again.  So, what is going on? I have not even registered the account - how has my email address been changed? 

3 REPLIES 3

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Use your original email address. I’ve never heard of Telus changing an email address.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

LNL
Just Moved In

What do you mean 'use my original email address'?  I did not change it - that email saying I did is the first problem.  The second problem is that I cannot even register as per thier email request to do so as a first step because the screen askes for my phone number and order number, to which neither are recognized.  As of today I have called 4 times.  I do not have hours to wait on hold, and I cannot chat because I am not registered and my phone number is not recognized.

Seriously. This is terrible.  Have I been scammed?  

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Based on the info you have provided, it is difficult to determine if you have berm scammed. 
TELUS would *NOT* be changing your email address.

What addresses did you receive emails from?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"