cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need the model numbers to find the manuals. telus should have told us of course.

Anon125
Advocate

ONT+BATT BU.JPG

Need the manuals so we can learn how to use them and fault find if needed.

assuming the "telus" modem is actually an actiontech one.

https://www.dslreports.com/r0/download/2342551~1dc86bf15cb4af2945f90d89dfdead44/T3200M-pt-1.pdf

thanks all

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Don’t think you can cold start a battery. Maybe unplug it from the ONT? I mean, a battery holds electricity right? How to you reboot it?

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Zman2k2
Ambassador
If your modem looks like the one on page 4 of the manual you linked, yes it’s the T3200M. The picture you linked doesn’t work.

Thanks, the link works when i click it!

now we need the pictured items model numbers.

Zman2k2
Ambassador

Picture works now.  That is the Nokia ONT.  Its sole purpose it to convert the incoming fibre in your house to Cat5 ethernet.  There is only one active port on it, and that goes to the T3200M, which does all the heavy lifting.  There is nothing to do to that ONT.

installing tech said there was a button to push when things did not work right.

might have been on the battery back up.

thanks

Zman2k2
Ambassador
Battery backup is self contained. My guess…he was talking about the power switch on the back of the ONT. Don’t remember where exactly on the back, look for the black push button.

ONT back? See photo. fixed to wall!

Where the cables go in.  Should be close to the power cord.  Sorry, mine is mounted on a rack, back to the wall.

found it thanks.

what does cold start on the battery backup mean?

Don’t think you can cold start a battery. Maybe unplug it from the ONT? I mean, a battery holds electricity right? How to you reboot it?

the manual would probably say- but where to get one?