Webmail/Telus email is currently down.

Irishgranny
Ambassador

Sorry..can't find the post that I was referring to...it's gone.

BeefPorkChicken
Connector

@Irishgranny , I think what you're referring to is on the 1st page of this topic

BeefPorkChicken
Connector

I saw an update about the outage

Outage.PNG

Canucklehead
Friendly Neighbour

The email system is down so I guess we all get a refund? Isn't that the way it is supposed to happen when you pay for a service they don't provide....you get your money back?

How can a sophisticated electronics company screw up their own email system for over 12 hours? I'm .....frustrated!!!!

Minky
Advocate

Webmail is down...

BeefPorkChicken
Connector

@Canucklehead , I agree but the email is for free as long as we have TELUS Services. so if the email is for free, then there may not be anything to be refunded.

ennjeoajat
Connector

@BeefPorkChicken: Telus email is definitely NOT a free extra. We pay a lot of money for a package of services, amongst which are Internet access and email. A compensation payment is most definitely in order, and not a small one.

@Canucklehead: This email problem is not merely 12 hours old. It has simply gotten worse for more people in the last 12 hours. The email problem is about a week old. I know this because I was trying to resolve it for another household that I support. The useless admission of email problems that the Telus phone support auto-attendant plays on your way to the end of a very long queue was already playing a week ago.

It is absolutely ridiculous that Telus is reporting that the cause is still "Undetermined at this time" after a week. It begs a question about competency. Also, how does Telus estimate time of repair to be this evening when they admit they've no idea what the problem is? One might reasonably suppose at least one of the cause or estimate statements is deliberately untrue.

kootenay-joe
Resident

i am in south central B.C. no telus email and webmail not accessible since early today (Aug. 15). Cannot reach a Telus operator on the phone. Telus charges very high prices for phone and internet services yet they have no actual customer service. The CEO should be sacked along with all senior management and hire people who actually care about good service.

canucks4life
Ambassador

Screenshot_20190815-210914_Chrome.jpg

Sf
Neighbour
It is so disappointing that Telus email is still down, it has been over 14 hours. Shaw is starting to look good to me
Sf
Neighbour
Also it is lost frustrating that they have not kept us updated I waited over 1 1/2 hours on the Phone to speak to a person who had no information
Sf
Neighbour
So when do you anticipate this issue to be resolved?
canucks4life
Ambassador
Early tomorrow is latest update...obviously this must be something major I wouldn't be surprised if we have lost mail once service is back.
Fisherguy
Advisor

SO WTF IS GOING ON??
Been down all day, your propeller heads all on holidays or something?
Pathetic!

BeefPorkChicken
Connector

@Sf , Its says tomorrow morning on my outage app. so hopefully we can use it by then

Isaeblla
Resident

I am overseas and can not access my telus email , webmail.telus.net is not responding , any idea what 's happen? this is been the case for last 24 hours ?

Irishgranny
Ambassador

Still down in Abbotsford..11:10pm

BeefPorkChicken
Connector

@Isaeblla , Webmail servers have been down since this morning and its due to an outage . they said that its due to a Hardware Issue at a TELUS Facility

giantbrownguy
Ambassador

IMG_0039.png

They are calling for restoration after 2am at this point. Sounds like a server crashed. 

Knob
Neighbour

At this rate we will be lucky to get email service today.  Too bad Telus can't spend a little bit more money on the email servers and software like they do on data platforms like texting.