Webmail/Telus email is currently down.

SOLVED
TELUS Employee

Webmail/Telus email is currently down.

Just a heads up - our webmail is down at the moment. The queues are very high. Please be patient! We are working on it! So sorry for the inconvenience!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
610 REPLIES 610

@geodoc wrote:

8:25 PM in Vancouver. Service partially functional. Webmail able to log in, but keeps dropping off to log-in page. POP (Outlook) able to receive, but not send.

Mine is the opposite Outlook seems good now but Webmail just boots me out after hanging on login...would like to setup Email forwarding this is getting pretty ridiculous.

Friendly Neighbour

Still down here in Langley east

0 Likes

Forgive me for questioning that 90%+ figure.

Here's me....  still in the 10% club....

@DeeScruntled wrote:

Here's me....  still in the 10% club....

heh, the only time I'm part of an exclusive club....and I don't want to be in it! Smiley Tongue

0 Likes

If 90% of customers now have email again, how about showing us a map of where us 10 percenters are?  (I'm in Red Deer, by the way).

I also am in Red Deer just show us the numbers. Thank you.

0 Likes

Everything still down for me.

Although a few hours ago I was able to login; just couldn't do anything.  Anytime I just tried to even just read an email, it would boot me out.  Now, I can't even login - so it's gotten *WORSE* for me.

Location:  Vancouver (where less than 10% of the population in BC live apparently)

0 Likes

@quixotic wrote:

If 90% of customers now have email again, how about showing us a map of where us 10 percenters are?  (I'm in Red Deer, by the way).

I'm pretty sure that 90% figure is just a guess on their part.  Heck, one of their updates earlier said only SOME Telus customers were experiencing email outages (when the actual number was probably 90+%!).

0 Likes
Resident

My webmail has been down since Wednesday night in Airdrie. I was to get an email yesterday concerning a job. I needed to respond to that email with info. I sure hope this outage hasn't messed that up. I've been unemployed for almost a year and I need this job. Not impressed at all!!!

0 Likes
Resident

Is there a specific place to look for updates in this problem? Thanks you.

I'm in Vancouver. As of 11:50 service is intermittent both POP & webmail. I've been using my Gmail account and perhaps this episode is the signal for me to ease my main email over there. Serious incompetence at Telus that, if past experience is any indication, will not be addressed. Maybe less spent on cute animal advertising and more technical competence and dependability would be a good start. 

For personal e-mailing, go ahead and use Google, Yahoo or Hotmail. Lots of storage space and who cares if the NSA can see who you write. But for business you're better off going with a plan from an e-mail hosting company who will try and provide a domain that is based on your business name and can give you storage in Canada and local support with connections from fixed and mobile devices. Get it set up. Advise your customers of the change, put a forwarding rule on your Telus account and enhance your business profile.

Or be like Kramer & choose to opt out of receiving mail!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyEuHED5mLw

The USPS was obsolete, even back in 1997. In order to continue they dedicate the majority of their operation to processing and delivering junk mail. The USPS...
0 Likes
Helpful Neighbour

Well said!
0 Likes
Neighbour

So when do you anticipate this issue to be resolved?
0 Likes

@Sf , Its says tomorrow morning on my outage app. so hopefully we can use it by then

0 Likes

Early tomorrow is latest update...obviously this must be something major I wouldn't be surprised if we have lost mail once service is back.
0 Likes

At this rate we will be lucky to get email service today.  Too bad Telus can't spend a little bit more money on the email servers and software like they do on data platforms like texting.

0 Likes

I'm seeing email service return shortly before 3am PST.

0 Likes

7am mountian Friday Aug 16

No email,

It's interesting that a large Canadian communications provider is down for this long.

Do they have High Availability for Telus Mail?

Disaster recovery?

Redundant systems?
Service levels that they strive to maintain?

Communications plan with their customers?

Any TELUS employees on this Forum?