cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus Hub Rural Internet

wrelliott
Just Moved In

I have a Telus Hub 4G LTE and it works OK .  I just bought a new iPad that has 5G cellular and it works way better than the hub.  Is there a 5G Telus hub available now?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

LaneN
Organizer

It appears they have a new 5G one out. Last one I had was the Huawei one. https://www.telus.com/en/internet/smart-hub

I'm trying out Starlink soon, don't want to have to come back to a hub

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

LaneN
Organizer

It appears they have a new 5G one out. Last one I had was the Huawei one. https://www.telus.com/en/internet/smart-hub

I'm trying out Starlink soon, don't want to have to come back to a hub

I have had Starlink out at the lake for about a year.  It has been very good so far.  Disappointed that I got email yesterday that they are putting the monthly fee up to $140 from $129.  The initial hardware cost is also going up to $759.

Due to excessive levels of inflation, the price of the Starlink kit is increasing from CAD649 to CAD699 for deposit holders, and CAD759 for all new orders, effective today. In addition, the Starlink monthly service price will increase from $129 to $140. The new price will apply to your subscription on 2022-06-15. 

The sole purpose of these adjustments is to keep pace with rising inflation. If you do not wish to continue your service, you can cancel at any time and return your Starlink hardware within your first year of service for a partial refund of CAD260. If you have received your Starlink in the past 30 days, you can return it for a full refund. 

Since launching our public beta service in October 2020, the Starlink team has tripled the number of satellites in orbit, quadrupled the number of ground stations and made continuous improvements to our network. Going forward, users can expect Starlink to maintain its cadence of continuous network improvements as well as new feature additions. 

Thank you for being a Starlink customer and your continued support!