cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separating 2.4ghz and 5 ghz network on NH20A

Amstel00
Neighbour

Hi,

I have a telus NH20A modem/router and 5 additional access points.

All is well except several ecobee 3 lites that cannot see my network as they work exclusively on 2.4ghz.

Is there a way to either separate my network bands or disable the 5ghz frequency temporarily to get ecobee to see my network?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you are able to log in the NH20A, in the list of connected devices look for one identified as "Boost2.0-" followed by four random characters. Example Boost2.0-a1bc. There should only be one primary unit. The IP address associated with the main Boost unit is what you'll enter in to the browser. The username as always is admin and the password is on a sticker under the cap on the bottom of the Boost unit.

From there, I recommend reviewing the recent discussion about 2.4GHz and smart lights with this hardware combo (NH20A/Boost). That includes a smart device network on the Boost that can be enabled. Whether or not that'll work with the additional Boost units, I do not know. I've only got the single Boost 2.0 unit by itself.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I've not seen the web administration page for that device, but there should be a means to temporarily turn off the 5 GHz radios while you do your setup. You can access the admin pages at 192.168.1.254 from your web browser. password is hidden under the cover, which may need a small screw removed to access.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Y’a thanks. I can’t find it in admin panel unfortunately.

Any further advice is appreciated

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

You likely can't find it because the NH20A is a wired router only. One of the additional wireless access points is where you'll find the wifi settings. Normally the Boost 2.0 unit (white cyliner) is paired with the NH20A. Do any of the devices in your house look like this:

boost2.0.jpg

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

How do I log in to them ?

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you are able to log in the NH20A, in the list of connected devices look for one identified as "Boost2.0-" followed by four random characters. Example Boost2.0-a1bc. There should only be one primary unit. The IP address associated with the main Boost unit is what you'll enter in to the browser. The username as always is admin and the password is on a sticker under the cap on the bottom of the Boost unit.

From there, I recommend reviewing the recent discussion about 2.4GHz and smart lights with this hardware combo (NH20A/Boost). That includes a smart device network on the Boost that can be enabled. Whether or not that'll work with the additional Boost units, I do not know. I've only got the single Boost 2.0 unit by itself.

Amstel00
Neighbour

All fixed now thanks to you.

Got in to the right access point, turned off 5ghz, reset all ecobees, added them back on 2.4ghz and then turned 5g back on .... DONE.