cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote desktop with access with T3200M modem

jessbulger
Just Moved In

I have been trying without success to connect to my remote desktop with the T3200M modem. My VPN is connected and is able to connect over other networks. I have tried to open port 3389 and it shows as open but I still can't connect. I was on the phone for an hour yesterday with telus technical support and was unable to resolve the problem. Is this problem specific to this particular modem? Would changing it help? With the covid-19 situation, I have to work from home and have been unable to do anything for a week now because I cannot connect.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

What does YOUR IT department state about a VPN connection? If you can make other VPN connections, but not one in particular, usually that one is the issue.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

What does YOUR IT department state about a VPN connection? If you can make other VPN connections, but not one in particular, usually that one is the issue.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

My VPN connects to my work computer fine in other settings. I had my IT department test it. They are also reporting others at my work encountering the same problem with this particular router.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I also use the T3200M and can connect remotely to work through VPN. My T3200M is still on default settings and I didn't have to manually open any ports. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

MarvW
Just Moved In

I too have not been able to use Remote Desktop since my modem was swapped out to a T3200M. I tied port forwarding with 3389 but no joy. Could we have a Telus technicial give us a little help?