cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PureFibre Billing Issue - “Technical Glitch” ?

jennacdn
Neighbour

Just wondering if other PureFibre users are experiencing this issue to validate what customer service is telling me.....

I have had PureFibre since early 2019 and have been very happy with it.  Yesterday, when I went into my account, I noticed my bill that is usually ~90 a month was over 500!  I spent two hours last night on the chat to get it resolved before getting cut off with no resolution and then another two hours this AM via “call back” to be told that this is a technical issue they are aware of that is affecting PureFibre customers.  They indicated it would be corrected on the next billing cycle.

i have complained that this is unacceptable.  I will not pay this bill or any interest charges associated with it and they should be proactively contacting customers and correcting this in the current billing cycle.  I cancelled my preauthorized payment until this clears and have only paid my usual bill amount.  I am concerned that others may not be aware of this and will have a nasty surprise.

Please check your bill this month and if you have the same issue, please contact customer service and ensure they are aware.

7 REPLIES 7

polecat
All-Star

@jennacdn  You should phone and get in touch with billing. I have never found billing with chat. Print last months bill ---this months - only pay the same as last month. Try to get into billing first thing in the am. It will get sorted out. with next months bill. This way you have all the info you need.

@polecat - Thanks, yes, I did do all of this and wanted to let others know of the issue since II understood this affected other PureFibre customers.

xray
Hero

What was the line item(s) on the bill that accounted for the increase? 

@xray - It is charges for Internet 150 and Online Security for the last 4 months. They are charged at full cost on top of normal billing.

So it's a glitch in accounting for prior paid bills rather than phantom services or data overages.

Yes, it’s services I have and have already paid for (at a better rate).

I have the opposite problem. I'm 2 weeks past my billing date, and the bill hasn't processed yet. I called and they said to wait another week.