POA Holding Box

Shane
Ambassador

Greetings,

Telus will be installing POA Holding Boxes above each apartment door in our building in order to bring Pure Fiber. What does "POA" stand for?

Thanks,

Shane.

Community Power User
Community Power User

In my building Telus is supposed to be using the Invisilight system when they run fibre. I have no idea what POA stands for but the manufacturer has Point Of Entry (POE) modules that they'd install above unit doors in the hallways.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Most Helpful
FuzzyLogic
Connector

I suspect "point of access".

Shane
Ambassador

@Nighthawk wrote:

In my building Telus is supposed to be using the Invisilight system when they run fibre. I have no idea what POA stands for but the manufacturer has Point Of Entry (POE) modules that they'd install above unit doors in the hallways.

Thanks. How does it work on the inside? Is there a wire running from the POA to the modem/router?

Shane.

Community Power User
Community Power User

Video from the manufacturer may give an idea: https://youtu.be/bwdfNYm_sPw?t=23

Smiley Happy

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
Fast, virtually invisible fiber optic connections for your indoor living unit (ILU). See for yourself!