cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration Length of time

DMAN1
Helpful Neighbour

Does anyone know how long it actually takes for the migration to take place?

Mine was scheduled for yesterday at 7AM.  It's now been about  36 hours.   I can't access my telus email still,  after 36 hours.  

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

It took less than an hour for me but I had very little email in that account. I did have to reset my password through My Telus account before I could log in to the new email but that worked on the first try. I assume you followed all the steps to get it set up?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

DMAN1
Helpful Neighbour

Thanks for responding.   Good to know it took an hour,  mine is now over 36 hours.  And yes,  have looked at the steps, videos, etc a number of times.....I'm not a techie person and have found it very confusing.   Thanks again. 

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Did you follow the steps, including setting a phone number for a text to be received?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

DMAN1
Helpful Neighbour

No phone message received, or text or anything (I just rechecked a second ago).    I did follow the steps for migration and provided my number as asked.   The telus emails have disappeared from my iPad,  but interesting enough I can still see them on my laptop.  Not sure what happened there.......

Later yesterday I did finally find a human to talk to(that was another whole ordeal).   He stated I could not schedule a migration......he did say that......but  I had (on the previous Tuesday, for Thursday AM migration).   His only advice was to wait till I am contacted to schedule a migration............???

So that was Friday,  and I was exhausted by Telus by that point.  So am leaving it till Monday/Tuesday AM to see what happens.

Thanks though for being in touch.  Appreciated.  

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Have you tried to login to the new site using the info here? It might be set up, but the SMS got lost somewhere.

Mine went without any problems, including migrating the thousands of emails I had.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

DMAN1
Helpful Neighbour

Thanks, will try it beginning of next week.   Glad to hear yours went well, not in my case.  Thanks again.