cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Telus Boosters

GreatBeef
Just Moved In

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to setup my boosters i just got today and am running into some issues.

Initially this morning I followed the steps on the Telus My WiFi app and able to setup both boosters. Issue was the booster WiFi was not showing under my phone even when trying to enter the credentials manually. I then found out that one of the boosters needs to be connected directly to the booster.

Once I set the first booster up (ignoring the Telus My Wifi steps to disconnect ethernet and connect to a different part of my house) my phone is able to automatically connect to the booster WiFi but the booster is not showing under my app. The WiFi works fine but the booster is flashing blue all the time? I looked up about this and it talks about pressing the WPS button in the back and then the device to connect to? I'm unsure if this is to connect to the second booster I have?

I tried following the My WiFi app to connect the second booster, connecting an ethernet cable to the WiFi Hub but it just stays purple. I have tried a factory reset on both and same issues.

Anyone have any ideas or further insight to resolve this?

4 REPLIES 4

GreatBeef
Just Moved In

Update: After trying to connect the first booster to an ethernet port that connects to the ONT, i reconnected to the WiFi hub and the LED its now solid blue. Booster is detected in My WiFi app now and didn't have to go through a setup. Issue now being there's no available WiFi connection for the booster to connect to now. Tried to add/enter it manually on my android phone with different Security drop down selections but no luck. 

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Which router are you using?

I suggest resetting the Boost devices, and start afresh, following these instructions. Remember, to set up the second Boost, both Boost units must be connected by Ethernet to the router at the same time.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

As per the video in the instructions, it says to connect the 1st booster via ethernet cable to the modem and then connect the power.  For the 2nd booster, the video shows to connect the power only.  In your reply above, you said that both boosters have to be connected to ethernet cable to the router.  Am I missing something here?

Probably that’s just during setup, then you can disconnect and move it.