cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle Telus Overcharges on Home Phone Service?

Showcase
Just Moved In

I negotiated a contract with an agent for 1gbit FIber + a Home Phone line in which the charge for the home phone would be waived, and this shows up in my service agreement contract where it shows the cost per month should be 0$. 

I went over the last 1.5 years of bills and every month I've been charged $17 for Home phone service, the same service that should have been 0$. Easy math shows that's 18 months x $17 = $306 overcharged. No small potatoes. I didn't notice before as I help my parents with the contract negotiations and billing issues and they never mentioned anything until I looked it up myself today.

What's the best way to handle this? I scheduled an agent call for tomorrow but I'm quite pissed off obviously. Without a doubt they owe me the overcharge in account credit, IMO, and with my contract ending in 3 months I'm tempted to not bother renegotiating and telling them to shove it up their... well you get it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DrPacman
Rockstar

@Showcase Wrote: What's the best way to handle this?

This is not a topic we can help with in this forum. The participant's here are users of the Telus service only not Telus billing dept employees.

For detailed billing advice, recommend you contact Telus directly to discuss your individual service and costs.

I'd start with the chat function, and if that doesn't work, the following number and departments should be able to assist, Technical Support: 1-888-811-2323, Account, billing & sales support: same number: 1-888-811-2323.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo", or mark as "Solution", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

DrPacman
Rockstar

@Showcase Wrote: What's the best way to handle this?

This is not a topic we can help with in this forum. The participant's here are users of the Telus service only not Telus billing dept employees.

For detailed billing advice, recommend you contact Telus directly to discuss your individual service and costs.

I'd start with the chat function, and if that doesn't work, the following number and departments should be able to assist, Technical Support: 1-888-811-2323, Account, billing & sales support: same number: 1-888-811-2323.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo", or mark as "Solution", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.