cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do You Change the DNS Server On A Actiontec T3200M Router

cheamview
Organizer

How do you change the DNS Servers from Telus's to some other company's on a Actiontec T3200M Router

6 REPLIES 6

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Login to the router at 192.168.1.254

Click Advanced Setup and Proceed followed by LAN IP Settings in the top left.

Under 3. Set the DNS Values. select statically assigned under DNS Server 1 and 2 and set them to what you want.

I use Quad9 so I have 9.9.9.9 and 149.112.112.112.

Click Apply and you are done.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

cheamview
Organizer

No can do. Have look at the .pdf from the company and the the router and who ever set this router up has hidden the feature and I can not change even in in the Admin section.

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Seems strange. I found this old video that has the settings in a different place:

How to Change DNS Settings on Actiontec T3200 Router (youtube.com)

Possibly you have a different firmware version of the T3200M?

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

cheamview
Organizer

Thanks for that, now to figure out where I can block MAC Addresses that seem to be on my router that shouldn't be.

cheamview
Organizer

I found out why I can not find what I have been looking for. As per the .pdf (which might be out of date), "

MAC Address Control

Click MAC Address Control from any Wireless Settings screen to generate the Wireless MAC Authentication screen, which allows the user to configure allow or deny access to the Gateway’s wireless network using the MAC address of the wireless device. (Note: this feature only works if Band Steering is DISABLED.) Follow the onscreen instructions to configure. [I believe they have renamed Band Steering to Smart Steering on the latest router or on the T3200M]

cheamview
Organizer

I did find a youtube video on how to disable Smart Steering on the router and set up 2.4 and 5 G.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKEeU_duP3s

© 2017 by Brandon Maxwell All Rights Reserved. Hey! This video covers how to have two different network settings on the Telus modem T3200M both 5GHz and the 2.4GHz.