cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple drops - is boost better?

Frznrth
Organizer
Hi
4 months ago we got Optik tv and a T3200M modem and an extender. The modem replaced my Apple setup. Since then Wi-Fi has not been a good word in my house. Our Apple devices often drop the signal. I thought I needed more signal so I ordered Boosts. After a 3 month wait I have Boosted Telus Wi-Fi. The installer was saying that the signal from the Boost should work better with Apple. Will it? If so I need more Boosts to cover my house with this new network. Turns out the T3200 and an extender gave me lots of signal - just not Apple friendly signal? Does this make sense?

If I can’t make it work - if my wife can’t watch the Crown on her iPad in bed - you might want to drive by to see Telus modems and Boosts flying threw the air
7 REPLIES 7

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Have you tried the option to bridge LAN port 1 to your Apple network and leave only the Optik service on the T3200M?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

I wasn’t able to get my Apple modem and extender to work through the Telus modem so I gave up on that. I might have to try again.

The tech said the latest firmware for the boot solves the issues with Apple. True? If so why can’t this be applied to the Telus modem/extender?

Thanks

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Firmware is automatically updated to the router, and I expect the Boost devices as well.

I saw very short signal drops with Boost and my iPad with the T3200M, but it didn’t affect my use. The new Arcadyan router does not have this issue.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

A different router? I’ll look into that. It seems ridiculous that this should be such a widespread problem. How hard is it to have reliable wifi - it’s not exactly a new technology.

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

There are numerous reported issues with IOS 14 and wifi dropping. Here is one article:

iOS 14.2 users plagued with WiFi issues and inconsistent notification • Nov 12, 2020 • Apple Termina...

Google can find you more info.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

AbBowhunter
Advocate
Sounds like a firmware issue. Telus is probably well aware of if and has a team of chipmunks working on it. I do not have faith in the "support" offered by Telus.

So can the Actiontech router run the Apple friendly firmware that the tech talked about? He said the booster had this firmware. He talked about the booster being Apple friendly but didn’t say this about the router.