cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Rejected when trying to send an email to [email protected]

charlesbuzz
Just Moved In

Hello

I'm writing this question about a problem we have in our business with some employes customer at Telus.  I'm working in IT, and I have configured our servers to send alert in the form of email to sms (sms gateway). In case of a problem, our servers can send an email to someone that is in "support mode", this person will receive it in the form of an SMS.

Since a few week, some of our support people, customer at Telus, are not receiving those alert send to thier sms gateway (@msg.telus.com) with this error message

onh-imtacaca02 Telus E2SMS Connection Rejected - fYc9p0rpdlT7r - POL103 - see http://www.spamhaus.org/query/ip/xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx SMTP" 0 130

(I have replaced the IP address with x's for security perpose)

After verifying with Spamhaus,  Spamhaus as no issue with the IP address, so why Telus still reject the email?

thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

Due to high incidents of spam using email-to-SMS as a vector, we've set filters in place that may affect some messages that contain a URL. You can advise any affected members to contact our technical support team to unflag the domain that might have been flagged by our filters: 1-866-558-2273

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

Due to high incidents of spam using email-to-SMS as a vector, we've set filters in place that may affect some messages that contain a URL. You can advise any affected members to contact our technical support team to unflag the domain that might have been flagged by our filters: 1-866-558-2273

Thanks for the answer but the 800 number is the general number of Telus support and we have a lot of problem receiving proper support, Is there a direct number to the technical support?

tanks

Hellu Dru, i'm having the same problem and when I call support they give me the runaround.  How can I get a domain or IP whitelisted?  It's seriously impacting my business as our monitoring system sends alerts over SMS and we do not get the alerts anymore.