cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi garage door opener stopped working

Booker
Friendly Neighbour
Recently had Telus Home Security installed and it included a wifi garage door opener. Everything was working fine until 7 days after the install the wifi garage door opener stopped working. Now when you use the mobile app or the panel to operate the door it shows open when it’s closed and closed when it’s open, which it very disconcerting as the remote access becomes unreliable.The door does not operate at all through the Telus app or through the panel but works fine using the remote fob or the push button on the wall. Any suggestions before I attempt to jump the hoops to get a Telus tech back out to fix it?
11 REPLIES 11

El-Eric

Hi @Booker - The technician that installed the service should've given you his card or phone number so you should be able to call them to come back and fix the issue. Otherwise, please call us so we can troubleshoot the issue 1-855-255-8828

Booker
Friendly Neighbour
Found his number in my phone texted him and he replied that he would schedule a change appointment. We will see what happens

[Mod Edit: removed name]
Change,
For the sake of movement,
Is not progress.

Booker
Friendly Neighbour
No word from the initial installer about when he was coming back to fix the wifi door opener, after he said he would book an appointment for me. I contacted him on the 17th of May. its been 4 days without a booking date. Not great service
Douglas
Change,
Is not progress.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

You can reach out to our SmartHome team directly at 1-855-255-8828 and they can either look into the next available date and/or contact that specific installer for you!

Booker
Friendly Neighbour
After 3.5 hours on hold and several attempts to contact the original installer on his cell phone (no reply) I was able to finally talk with a tech who after several attempts to reset the garage hub he is sending a replacement. Note that I will be responsible for the installation of the new controller, not TELUS how bad is that. 4 days of use and the controller has failed, 12 days without the use of the device, 5-7 business days before the device arrives so I can try to reinstall it, 19 days without the use of this device is ludicrous. TELUS may as well come and take this system out if this is the service that they provide.
Douglas
Change,
Is not progress.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Let me send you a private message to discuss further, thanks.

I'm having the same issue after barely 2 weeks of installing. Initially, one of my neighbor was able to open my garage door and it was absurd trying to figure it out. Is Telus not concerned that they're providing an unreliable and anti-safe systems here? I'm very close to cancelling this whole thing including the internet service. Someone assist???

Hey @atodosov - send me a message and I'll be happy to help

Hi,
I keep getting messages that the front door bell fails to reconnect. I'd send you a screenshot but I don't think it can be done through this message.

Garage door opener has been fine for the last 2 days, but the front door video bell still has issues with connectivity.

Let me know what you advise.
Aleks

Hi @atodosov - it could be a range issue with your equipment. Send me a message and I'll try to help!

I have now received the new controller from TELUS. The call from the escalation manger said he would monitor my account and dispatch a technician to install when there was confirmation that the controller was delivered, this was Friday May 24. No word about a install date