cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optik box link light flashing

Devon95
Friendly Neighbour
I moved my optik box to a different area in my room now the link light stays flashing and the screen is stuck on initializing. Any idea how to fix this? Other tv is working fine and so is internet. It is just this box that is having problems.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
If your model is the VIP5602W follow this guide to establish a wireless link.

http://static.telus.com/common/cms/files/get-help/downloads/OSI_Instructions_FINAL.pdf

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

What was the box connected to in its original location? (ethernet, coax) What is it now connected to in its new location? The box isn't seeing the internet connection.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Devon95
Friendly Neighbour
It was connected through Ethernet but I’m trying to run it wireless like the one in the living room. Is this possible or do I have to get a longer Ethernet cord to get it working again?

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

It all depends on the box. Only one specific model is wireless. The rest are not and require a physical connection.

Wifi box:

Standard, wired, Optik boxes:

Wired 4K box:

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Devon95
Friendly Neighbour
Both the living room and bedroom have the wired 4K but only one (bedroom) has ever been directly wired to my modem while the living room runs wireless? The internet modem style I have is the T3200M.

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
If your model is the VIP5602W follow this guide to establish a wireless link.

http://static.telus.com/common/cms/files/get-help/downloads/OSI_Instructions_FINAL.pdf

The set up screen won’t show up. It goes straight to initializing screen. Is there anyway to completely reset the optik box so that I can get this page to show up?

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Devon95  On the Optik Receiver press an hold the power button down for 10 seconds then release. It will take a minute or two to reboot.

I’ve tried resetting this way several times but it’s still won’t work. I’m gonna have to just call tech support as now my other optik box in the living room doesn’t have pvr. Thanks for the help 🙂

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Devon95  What model is the receiver your trying to connect with WiFi? VIP5602W?

Also make sure you log into the 3200 modem/router and make sure the Optik TV Service is Enabled. Located under wireless setup.

Screen Shot 2017-10-16 at 11.17.11 AM.png