cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are mods deleting / modifying your comments?

MrSL
Leader

I don't expect this post to last. Sure it will probably be deleted... Or maybe I will be. If I disappear you know why...

So it appears comments are censored by mods like A-B.

In a recent reply to a 'new' customer with issues, my post concluded with: "Don't forget you have a 15 or 30 day cancellation guarantee. Just saying 😏"

I don't think this is in anyway derogatory and is clearly listed in the users 'Terms and Conditions' so why delete it???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MrSL
Leader

Well. I think I might have opened a 'can of worms' here...

Not quite the response I was expecting. I whole hardheartedly believe in free speech and freedom of expression but this is getting a little 'off topic'.

So I think I'm going to have to interject and act as Moderator here 😆

Back to your corners @A-B and @Rocky3 I'm closing this post...

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please visit our Community House Rules if you'd ever like a refresher on how we like all posts and replies to be constructive and relevant. While it's clear you are possibly unhappy with a certain product (multiple posts, many times, over many weeks, about the same thing), please note that we're doing our best here to make sure everyone's happy and that all concerns are addressed to the best of our ability.

If you have an issue with anything that happens on our community, including our stance on posts trying to convince other customers to cancel services, or anything else of that nature...my Inbox is always open.

😂👏Thank you, I have re read the rules...

Your comment "(multiple posts, many times, over many weeks, about the same thing)" If you mean TelusTv-21T well, yeah, cause it's full of flaws and customers are being used as Beta testers!   Am I wrong - does it all work perfectly? 

Sorry for having an opinion. I'll just shut up and be a good boy. It's great, awesome, works as expected & fantastic value for money...

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Believe me when I say, the Community Managers as well as the always amazing @Optik-Kate are VERY appreciative of the feedback, be it positive or negative, while we relay it to our team to improve the Optik experience.

We fully understand that there are frustrations and things that can always be improved with it, and we're doing everything we can here to help that cause and to provide this avenue for said feedback. Perhaps going forward we can all have try to have a more positive outlook and try to keep things a lot more civil then it's been this past while. We always want to help and are doing everything we can.

A-B

Rocky3
Rockstar

@dru 

Wondering if you can tell me how one becomes a community manager.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

By being a Telus employee assigned to the task of Community Manager!

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Rocky3
Rockstar

@NFtoBC 

Thanks, that explains a lot

Rocky3
Rockstar

@MrSL 

since your post I have indeed noticed a deleted post. I received an email alert of a new post that was no longer there. 

Other forms of censorship include being unable to post into an active thread because I have not verified my email, LOL Now unresolved threads are auto closed after 90 days. So yes there is censorship or is it management of the site?

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

We investigate all threads once they hit that threshold to either look into for a solution, or close out (this is internet-wide common community practice) based on our own criteria. Based on the constant complaints and issues it seems you're experiencing here...if you're not enjoying your time here, please feel free to send me a PM and I can certainly look into closing your account.

Rocky3
Rockstar

@A-B 

Based on the constant complaints and issues it seems you're experiencing here...if you're not enjoying your time here, please feel free to send me a PM and I can certainly look into closing your account.

I was not talking to you. 

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

I don't care. My offer still stands.

@A-B 

Mr A-B, you should care. Have you heard of these organizations?

HRT Human Rights Tribunal

CRT Civil Rights Tribunal

I have  been a Telus customer from before you were born, back when it was called BC Tel. I think you have been doing this for too long and need to take a break, because you should care to stay involved. 

I may have joined in September but I read a lot and see the same issues repeated by newcomers without resolution. I commended @Optik-Kate and several other Telus team members who I recognise as the messengers to/from the forum. These issues have been here for at least a year, unresolved.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Very glad you've been with TELUS that long, your loyalty is appreciated!

Also please be sure to check out our Community House Rules especially the section called 'Be Respectful'. Any more posts directed at me personally or any other mods will result in further action such as a temporary suspension or ban. Thanks!

Rocky3
Rockstar

Thank you, to prove I read to the bottom of the house rules

Enjoy Yourself

Remember to always enjoy yourself, get involved, and help other community members when you are able to. After all, we built this community for YOU!

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Appreciate that. We're all doing everything we can to make the Optik experience the best it can be, and we all appreciate the constructive feedback and information.

MrSL
Leader

Well. I think I might have opened a 'can of worms' here...

Not quite the response I was expecting. I whole hardheartedly believe in free speech and freedom of expression but this is getting a little 'off topic'.

So I think I'm going to have to interject and act as Moderator here 😆

Back to your corners @A-B and @Rocky3 I'm closing this post...