cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail

fdales
Neighbour

I use Google Chrome as my default web browser.  When checking my telus email account, sometimes the top banner/menu just disappears.  I can not see the webmail help button, the search box, or my sign in name at the top.  There's no way for me to click on a drop down next to my name to log off, as that whole menu just isn't there.

Anyone else have that happen?  It seems to be random...I cannot find any common step that I might be making that's causing the top line to disappear.  I just have to close my browser, then log back in.  Even hitting the refresh button on the green menu (far right) doesn't bring back the top line that says Telus Webmail and shows my log in name.

any ideas?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

SeaOtter
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi! I'm curious as to whether this problem only occurs in Google Chrome or whether you can replicate things in another browser as well? If you can show the community a before and after photo, it may help decipher the quirk causing this problem. When it comes to issues like this, I recommend  re-configuring the browser (clear cache, cookies and temp data+restore to default settings) or even re-installing it outright.

Personally have not come across this particular issue in Webmail and use Google Chrome frequently.

View solution in original post

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Kudos for sharing your solution!

Curious to learn if you can remove the top bar (Bookmarks bar?) and see if that makes a difference as well?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

SeaOtter
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi! I'm curious as to whether this problem only occurs in Google Chrome or whether you can replicate things in another browser as well? If you can show the community a before and after photo, it may help decipher the quirk causing this problem. When it comes to issues like this, I recommend  re-configuring the browser (clear cache, cookies and temp data+restore to default settings) or even re-installing it outright.

Personally have not come across this particular issue in Webmail and use Google Chrome frequently.

Here's the screen capture.  See how I can't get to the login / logout at the top right?  This doesn't happen in IE.  And it only happens randomly in Chrome.  Clearing cache hasn't helped.  I'll try a re-install and let you know, thanks for responding.webmail in chrome.jpg 

Thanks for your help.  The re-install didn't work, so I did a bit more reading.  I found that I had set my webmail to the advanced (ajax) setting, not html.  When I set it to html, I no longer have a problem (though I don't quite like the look of it as much as the other setting.  Smiley Sad

Here's what the screen looks like now:  Note the logout option at top right now.

Webmail in html view.jpg

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Kudos for sharing your solution!

Curious to learn if you can remove the top bar (Bookmarks bar?) and see if that makes a difference as well?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"