Optik TV Slow Motion

CJBlasius
Resident
Simple feature, but one that I feel would be used more often than the average viewer thinks! The following examples are sports related, but I'm sure people can come up with their own examples as to why this is a premier idea! Arguing about a catch in football? Whether it was a home run or not? Was it a high stick that scored that goal?

Don't you want to be able to have answers before you have to watch 3-5 minutes of commercials!?Don't you want to be able to Snapchat, Vine, Instagram, Facebook, or Tweet a potentially viral slow-motion video of something you saw live on Optik TV!?

When you pause live TV with your Optik TV Remote, the Fast Forward and Rewind buttons should become slow motion forward and slow motion backwards, respectively. I know this is a feature on competitor TV providers, and it is definitely something Optik TV needs!
Category:
Comments
ambert
Connector

Status changed to: Hold For Future Consideration
ambert
Connector

Hey @CJBlasius 

Thanks for the awesome idea. We checked in with the product development team. While it's an awesome idea and is on the current road map the team does have other higher priority features for Optik TV that they want to build first. We'll definitely hold this for future consideration though.

We appreciate the suggestion and would love to hear more great ideas from you in the future!

Amber

15234715719_0c951dc61c_z.jpg

RadRod
Just Moved In

# more in my household that encourage the slo-mo - had it in Shaw... do we have to return to them to get this feature.  This is IMPORTANT to many.

Ken4
Resident

@CJBlasius wrote:
Simple feature, but one that I feel would be used more often than the average viewer thinks! The following examples are sports related, but I'm sure people can come up with their own examples as to why this is a premier idea! Arguing about a catch in football? Whether it was a home run or not? Was it a high stick that scored that goal?

Don't you want to be able to have answers before you have to watch 3-5 minutes of commercials!?Don't you want to be able to Snapchat, Vine, Instagram, Facebook, or Tweet a potentially viral slow-motion video of something you saw live on Optik TV!?

When you pause live TV with your Optik TV Remote, the Fast Forward and Rewind buttons should become slow motion forward and slow motion backwards, respectively. I know this is a feature on competitor TV providers, and it is definitely something Optik TV needs!

Ken4
Resident

What's the latest on this? It's a deal breaker for me. I stay with shaw until we get slow motion. Simply a must have for hard core sports fans. I'm a Telus share holder, everything else is better on telus, come on Telus....let's get this done!  I can't be the only one waiting!

Ken4

pbsme
Connector

Regarding slow motion:  I switched from Shaw and do miss this feature.  Once you’ve had it, it’s hard to live without. 

AaronQ
Friendly Neighbour

definitely miss this feature from Shaw.

Xander
Just Moved In

I also recently switched to Telus from Shaw and really miss the SLOW MO buttons on the Shaw remote.  Very disappointing Telus doesn't have it, it’s a must-have especially during sports when u want to replay something, which for me is often.