Incentives to Retain Exisiting Customers

MercuryBlue
Just Moved In

Every week, it seems, I come across another sale to try and bring in new customers. Such as "get a free TV if you sign up!" and so forth. I am not able to take advantage of those offers as an existing and loyal customer, and that irritates me. My contract with Telus has been up for several years and, here I am, waiting for ANY sort of reward or offer. The points system sucks because it takes FOREVER to earn them. Plus, you can only get an Amazon gift card once a month.

I don't want crummy points to gamble away on draws that I can never win. I want Telus to say, "You know what? You've been a great customer for decades and we've made tens of thousands of dollars from having you as a customer. We've noticed your contract with us has expired, too, and there's basically zero reason for you to stick with us over the other guys. So, if you sign another two year contract for TV and Internet services, you can get a free TV/laptop/whatever. Thanks for not choosing to move to another service provider!

I'm honestly to the point where I'm about ready to move over to Shaw because I'm so cheesed off by the lack of options and rewards long-term customers are given to keep their business.

Category:
Comments
Community Power User
Community Power User

This has been discussed many times before. You'll also find similar discussions on the same issue over at Shaw's forums. Shaw has no option or rewards for their long term customers either. One important thing most people need to realize is a "free TV" isn't free. You end up paying for it in the end. If you talked nicely to loyalty, there may be options for a discount on your services but only they can say for sure.

Out of curiousity, do you ask for "free" bigger ticket items from any other company or industry you deal with? This is something I've only come across with telecom companies.