Incentives to Retain Exisiting Customers

MercuryBlue
Just Moved In

Every week, it seems, I come across another sale to try and bring in new customers. Such as "get a free TV if you sign up!" and so forth. I am not able to take advantage of those offers as an existing and loyal customer, and that irritates me. My contract with Telus has been up for several years and, here I am, waiting for ANY sort of reward or offer. The points system sucks because it takes FOREVER to earn them. Plus, you can only get an Amazon gift card once a month.

I don't want crummy points to gamble away on draws that I can never win. I want Telus to say, "You know what? You've been a great customer for decades and we've made tens of thousands of dollars from having you as a customer. We've noticed your contract with us has expired, too, and there's basically zero reason for you to stick with us over the other guys. So, if you sign another two year contract for TV and Internet services, you can get a free TV/laptop/whatever. Thanks for not choosing to move to another service provider!

I'm honestly to the point where I'm about ready to move over to Shaw because I'm so cheesed off by the lack of options and rewards long-term customers are given to keep their business.

Category:
Comments
Community Power User
Community Power User

This has been discussed many times before. You'll also find similar discussions on the same issue over at Shaw's forums. Shaw has no option or rewards for their long term customers either. One important thing most people need to realize is a "free TV" isn't free. You end up paying for it in the end. If you talked nicely to loyalty, there may be options for a discount on your services but only they can say for sure.

Out of curiousity, do you ask for "free" bigger ticket items from any other company or industry you deal with? This is something I've only come across with telecom companies.

WalterKemble
Just Moved In

I may be wasting my breath. Forums I doubt, are read or come to the attention of the policy makers.

I pay OVER $180 per month and am a loyalty consumer ...however I am seriously considering my options as my friends have been telling me to do for YEARS.

Telus will give you a loyalty discount if you call. It's for 6 months and is usually $10 or $20 a month reduction ...FOR SIX MONTHS ...WHY NOT PERMANENTLY?

The telecommunications companies are the only corporations I can think of who do NOT have an organised published rewards program.

Just now I went to use the FX On Demand App ...AVAILABLE TO EVERY OTHER PROVIDER IN CANADA...EXCEPT  TELUS.

QUOTE: "It all depends on content licensing, and how FX wants their channel accessed."
...because they made a lousy deal with FX? You get the last 3 ep of a given show and those shows are limited to a few...CHEESY. Even with the Optik to Go app you still can't have the FX library the way I get HBO Starz etc. WHY? WHY? WHY?

FOR $182 A MONTH I OUGHT NOT BE HAVING SUCH RESTRICTIONS. 

Yes...I'm typing out loud ...it will pain me to cut the cord to TELUS but to accept this affront is to be a doormat.

Sincerely,

WalterKemble

No one likes being taken for granted. 

Hey @WalterKemble sorry to hear that. We do definitely pay attention to our forums and of course want to make sure you feel appreciated as a client, which you are! First, we do have an official Rewards program that you can check out over at www.telus.com/rewards where you can earn points toward a ton of great rewards such as gift certificates and accessories.

As for your account, we're always willing to look in to it and see what offers can be made available for you. Feel free to give our team a call at 1-888-811-2323, chat live with an agent over at www.telus.com/chat, or reach out to our Social Media team over on Twitter and Facebook for further assistance!

TheDude12
Just Moved In

Hey there, sorry for being so late to the discussion but i just want to add on to this thread.

From my own experience what i keep doing when i was with Bell is that i called them every year as my discounts would expire then and have offers aligned from other providers to compare prices and features.

When doing so, most are willing to price match and if not give you an even better price. If they aren't ready to bite then switch, but be open to TELUS reaching out to get you back as a client as they will attempt to call you and make you an even better offer. 

Cheers