Heritage Wrap on Telus Switch Box - Community Association Project

ParkvaleCommunityAssoiciation
Just Moved In

Parkvale is the oldest residential community in Red Deer having celebrated it's 100th anniversary in 2005. It has a very active neighbourhood association with a mission statement "To promote a sense of community by enhnacing and preserving the quaility of living and the historic character of our unique neighbourhood." 

The Parkvale Community Association (PCA) manages the Pioneer's Lodge (4324 46a Avenue, Red Deer, AB, T4N 6S7). It is a beautiful historical building located at the main entrance into our neighbourhood. the City of Red Deer owns the building but the PCA manages it.

There is a fairly large prominent switch box on the front of the property. See photos below. The PCA designated funds towards a Canada 150 project and the community agreed that wrap the box would be a lasting legacy. We approached the City of Red Deer Planning Department that was TOTALLY in favour of this project. After further investigation with power department, we discovered that said box was a Telus switch box, not a city box. It has taken us this long to find a place make our request!

Could someone please tell us how to proceed with this request. As mentioned, the PCA has funds and we would work with city archives to select an appropriate photo for our neighbourhood.

The box is located on the original fairgrounds that opened in 1891. So we think the fairgrounds would be a good theme. 

Please let us know how we can proceed with this idea!

IMG_2031.jpgIMG_2034.jpgIMG_2035 (1).jpg

Category:
0 Likes
Comments
Community Power User
Community Power User
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi there, @ParkvaleCommunityAssoiciation

I think it's a really interesting idea and I want to do a little poking around to find out who can help with it. Give me a few days and, if it's ok with you, I'll get back to you in the first half of next week with what I find out.

Sound good?

Status changed to: Under Review
ParkvaleCommunityAssoiciation
Just Moved In

Hi Telus,

Thank you so much for getting back to us. We finally found someone at rightofwayAB who is working with us. If things don't work out, I will get back to you.

On another note, at my Community Association meeting last night, members commented on how Telus is missing out on incredible PR opportunities by not wrapping boxes located at prominent spaces. Maybe it not something feasible but just relating the reaction of residents,

TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Good feedback from your members, @ParkvaleCommunityAssoiciation and I'll be certain to pass that on. Glad to hear you connected with someone.

TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Status changed to: Completed
QuestionMan
Resident

I have the same question but for a much smaller box. It's in Port Coquitlam, BC

Scoto, could you help find the correct contact?

Thank you for your time