E-mail Support for Home Services

SmokeJV
Advisor

Have a e-mail support functionality for Home Services like Mobility Services.

For simple changes that need to be done e-mail is a very simple way to put your request in and have a Telus Rep make those changes.  Even e-mail back asking to confirm the changes before they are done.

Also for those people that are able to troubleshoot their issues and can provide all the evidence for Telus to be able to investigate a issue, it will save having to wait on the phone vs chat.

Being in a Support related Job myself, I tend to tell my endusers to put in e-mail tickets with as much information as possible so I can investigate myself without having to tie myself and them up on the phone when they are trying to compete with every other department trying to call the same helpdesk number. 

I understand the need for a phone/chat if your services require to be immediately looked at, but for most other problems communicating back and forth via e-mail would be a more efficient use of each others time (Telus and the client).  If a phone call needs to happen it can be organized via e-mail.

Category:
Comments
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi @SmokeJV.

We have a few different channels of support including phone, online chat and social media and email is one we look at periodically. As of right now, it's not something that will work but I appreciate you taking the time to put your thoughts down and sharing your experience. I've passed it on to the team that collects that feedback.

Thanks for the idea.

Status changed to: Closed