Disable DHCP server Actiontec T3200M

Mango
Connector

Please add a way to disable the DHCP server in the Actiontec T3200M.  The T3200M is a great piece of hardware, with firmware that lacks the features of many other routers on the market today.  Thanks!

Category:
Comments
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mango You do have the ability to turn on "Bridge Port 1" in the advanced settings and connect another router to LAN1 on the Actiontec. As this is an advance modem setting, it is not supported by our technical support team.  

Status changed to: Closed
Mango
Connector

Very true, however that is not related to what I was trying to do, which was configure the T3200M as an access point.

Can this be re-opened please?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Status changed to: New Idea
modd
Organizer

I'd like to add that I would like this option.

As I built my own router  and would just  add  the 5ghz to a dmz as to not mess up optik tv or use  info online about multicast / udp stuff you use for the tv.

xFitter255
Just Moved In

I'd like to re-open this issue. There must be some way to simply turn off DHCP on the T3200M. I can turn off the wireless, which would mean that I probably don't need the DHCP settings either. Why is there no way to simply turn off DHCP.

seffyroff
Just Moved In

Another vote for this.  This is such a simple requirement.  Those of us who know why we need this are comfortable with working out the details without Telus support, if you're concerned with increased support burden, stick it in the advanced options and let us break stuff Smiley Happy