Blackberry Keyone for Telus Personal Customers

Nate
Just Moved In

I think you Telus should seriously consider making the Keyone available to personal customers as well as business customers. It seems from twitter that there is an interest in having this happen and that a lot of people are disappointed that it isn't planned. I have been with Telus as my mobile provider for around eight years now with no complaints, but I will definitely be switching providers to one where the Keyone will be available to me if it ends up being unavailable through Telus. I would rather stay with Telus, so please give some thought to making this device available to personal customers.

Category:
Comments
CanuckRS555
Connector

I find it fairly sad that Telus was completely unaware of customer demand for the KeyOne. It took Bell and Rogers actively poaching customers on social media for them to take notice.

Although Blackberry has now partnered with TCL to build these phones, many still have brand loyalty to the Canadian company who is basically responsible for the smartphone industry in the first place. Wake up Telus. You should have been offering this phone to all customers from the get go. I am a former Rogers wireless customer, and a current Bell TV & Internet customer. Telus easily blows those two carriers out of the water in terms of customer service. Customers jumping ship just to get their hands on the KeyOne was an easily avoidable issue. 

Lets get these phones in the hands of Telus Mobility customers ASAP.

DeanC
Resident

I am finally  glad Telus have decided to reverse its position on  selling the Blackberry Keyone to Telus  personal customers. Telus is normally in the forefront when it comes to excellent customer service and it was really a tough decision to  even be thinking about moving to another carrier. However, blackberry is still a Canadian company and I will continue to support them. Will not give up my Blackberry for any other phone. Hopefully, Telus will let us know in the coming days when they will have the Keyone because they are behind their competitors right now. I have already received offers to switch carriers so Telus need to step up their game.

1dsa
Just Moved In

I'm glad you reversed your decision but wish you made this comment a littler earlier. I've already picked up my KeyONE at Bell.

jayjayhumble
Neighbour

So nothing on the website about this yet.  

TheGelz
Connector

So by saying 

"the KEYone will be launching for consumer

customers in the very near future."

Does that mean next week ? 2 weeks for now ? Another month?  2 months ? Or 6 months from ? 

I still can't believe that it's taken this long to make a decision to release to regular consumers when you have the two major competition in the market release for pre-order since day one on May 18th. Really disappointed in Telus, been with the company about 15 years or so ! 

nnik
Neighbour
<meta http-equiv="Content-Security-Policy" content="script-src 'self'; img-src * cid: data:;" />
Why don't you give it a rest and give them some time,  time to bit.ch was a few days ago... late to the party lmao!

Sent from my BlackBerry - the most secure mobile device - via the TELUS Network
jayjayhumble
Neighbour
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /> body { font-family: "Calibri","Slate Pro",sans-serif,"sans-serif"; color:#262626 }
Whatever nnik. I wasn't late to the party. According to Telus the pressure I and many others have put on them caused them to reverse course and offer the phone as they originally promised back in February. Many of us have been in contact with them for weeks now.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the TELUS network.
CanuckRS555
Connector

I agree. I've been in talks with Telus since May 21st when Pre-orders went live for Rogers Business. Telus should know better. When it comes to consumers and their technology/cellphones, having it first is almost as important as having it at all. People want to be the first to have it and show it off. This is why we have seen so many customers jump ship already to this point and join Rogers or Bell. 

"Coming very soon" doesn't cut it. If you already have inventory for the business customers then hurry up and at least open up a portal for you regular customers to order (or pre-order I guess). 

They assumed on business customers wanted the KeyOne, so they only sold it to business customers. Yet business customers have access to essentially the entire smartphone catalog. I don't understand the reasoning behind the decision.

TheGelz
Connector

I was told that the decision was made to business customers was thought that it wasn't going to be a high demand phone. They wanted to see if it going to a demand for it. 

Which I thought, that was a dumb idea

ajj2179
Just Moved In

They need to publish a date of release. I will wait another week I think. I have been a Telus customer since 2007. I need to replace my phone and no blackberry is available with Telus except for the "classic".  They need to announce a dat of release probably today.

CanuckRS555
Connector

Just saw this on twitter, not sure of the source. June 5th could possibly be the day.  

IMG_3498.PNG

TheGelz
Connector

I wanna call and see if this is true about June 5
CanuckRS555
Connector

Telus won't confirm until they've been given the Ok. I think it's safe to say we can expect it next week no question. June 5th seems very do-able since they've already got the SKU for the KeyOne on the business side.

TheGelz
Connector

Just called and ordered mine and coming in for Monday 

CanuckRS555
Connector

Was that on a business or personal account?

TheGelz
Connector

Hey @CanuckRS555 nope on my personal account , I would call and get one placed 

CanuckRS555
Connector

Ok guys, called in. It sounds like you may be able to order the KeyOne now if you call in if you are signing a new contract. I'm looking to buy outright, so I was told I'll have the ability to do so as of Monday June 5th via the Telus Website.

TheGelz
Connector

@CanuckRS555 awesome!  Good luck ! 

Can't wait , one of my friends has one has he is on a business account.  He's loving his ! 

Wish I had it in my hands 

CanuckRS555
Connector

So, no luck at all. Friday they told me Monday I'd be able to order it. No dice. No one seems to have an answer for me. They'll sell you a phone on a new contract no problem, but once you want to buy no term they have 0 interest in helping you. Fantastic. 

Happy birthday day to me, I was hoping to have one ordered....

DeanC
Resident

I picked up my Blackberry Keyone from a Telus store yesterday. I am glad Telus allowed personal consumers to buy. Awesome phone.