cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of response to graffiti removal request

Frustrated09
Friendly Neighbour
Myself and other neighbours have requested TELUS to remove graffiti on Telus boxes located on Smith Ave and Farrow St for over a year now without any result. What is the delay?
5 REPLIES 5

Frustrated09
Friendly Neighbour
This is in Coquitlam, BC

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

I can flag this to our field team to look in to. They perform cleanups in batches based on location and obviously, it's sort of a never-ending battle. They'll get to it asap.

Frustrated09
Friendly Neighbour
As of yesterday the graffiti has not been removed. It’s been over a year! This is a growing residential neighborhood and high foot traffic area. Graffiti tags represent a lack of care and pride in a neighborhood. TELUS needs to do better and respond to these complaints on a more timely basis. I would highly suggest TELUS wrap these boxes so they don’t get tagged again. Please remove graffiti asap!

Hey @Frustrated09 we flagged this graffiti to our team and our team will do what they can to remedy the situation. Unfortunately there is a lot of graffiti so the team is putting out small fires everywhere. Even if they were wrapped, graffiti is paint so they would paint the wraps anyways. Please give us some more time to have the issue fixed

I had made the City of Coquitlam Bylaws Dept aware of this graffiti in early 2023 and they had reported these tags to you as well at that time. Is it normal to take over a year to remove graffiti on your street level boxes?

Studies have shown that the best way to reduce the spread of graffiti is to remove it quickly and to prevent it from returning. Prompt cover-up/removal is the most effective method of combating the problem. If graffiti is covered-up/removed quickly, future acts of graffiti are discouraged. Also, the sooner removal is attempted, the easier it is to remove the graffiti.

Further, studies have shown that wrapping boxes in art deters taggers from putting graffiti on things that aren’t a “blank canvass” and are interesting to look at.

I would highly recommend TELUS out source their graffiti removal as the current graffiti removal methods / teams are ineffective.