Nobody loves their trivia more than gamers. From the name of the hero in Final Fantasy VII to where the first Resident Evil game took place, gamers know their stuff inside and out. TELUS is a proud sponsor of trivia nights at Vancouver’s EXP Bar on the first Wednesday of the month. Hosted by There Is No Easy Mode, there are two rounds of trivia covering the history of video games, with awesome prizes to be won. It’s just one of the many great events EXP holds, so be sure to give it a shot, have some good food, and show off your trivia mastery!
If you’re not in Vancouver, but aced the question in our tweet and want to flex some more trivia muscle...give these questions a go. They range from super easy to impossible. The answers are underneath. Ready? Let’s go!
- What was Super Mario’s original name and occupation?
- Where did Donkey Kong get his name?
- Who is the final boss in Street Fighter II?
- What are the various pieces in Tetris called?
- What is the name of the world in which the Legend of Zelda games takes place?
- Who is the hero in the Metroid series?
- Name the underwater city from the BioShock series.
- What is the name of the protagonist from the Half-Life series?
- What does DOTA stand for?
- What was the first video game console ever made?
1. Jumpman. A carpenter!
2. Shigeru Miyamoto from Nintendo wanted to convey him as a "stubborn ape" so thought the word "donkey" was a good word to describe that. He was originally laughed at, but the name stuck!
3. The dreaded M. Bison!
6. Samus Aran.
8. Gordon Freeman.
9. Defense of The Ancients.
10. The Magnavox Odyssey from 1972!
How many did you know? Feel free to answer in the comments, or comment with another trivia question if you’ve got one!