cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus Securrity - Can't Get their act togther!

Rick81
Coach

On Sept 13th I subscribed to a new 2 year contract for internet, phone and TV. The upgraded plan included a 3yr Telus Security package (why 36 months instead of 24 was never explained) with an outdoor camera. Almost immediately I received a 42 page contact describing in "legaleaze" my role (responsible for everything) and Telus' role (responsible for nothing).

At the time of subscribing I was told the camera would take 5 to 10 business days to get to my place. After 2 weeks I called the Philippines again and said ... NO CAMERA yet. They checked my account and a camera had been ordered BUT had not been shipped. So we ordered again. A week later the camera arrived and I attempted to install it.

Using the prescribed APP I was asked for the IMEI number of my console. To which I replied "What console". Now back on the phone to the Philippines and see if I was missing some hardware (i.e. a console). Yes I apparently was missing some hardware and it would be shipped and hopefully received in 5 business days.

A week later it was a good news / bad news day. The good news, a package arrived from Telus in Calgary. The bad news, it was another camera! Still no "console".

So on October 13th, a month after subscribing, Telus seems to be unable to deliver the necessary hardware. (Perhaps the Telus Security portion of the contract runs 36 months rather than 24 because it takes an additional 12 months to get the hardware?)  I'm checking the 42 page contract to see if it includes a phone number for the warehouse in Calgary or a weasel clause for me to get out of this part of the contract completely. I'm certain that someone closer to home (perhaps at the Calgary warehouse) could resolve this QUICKLY.

Come on Telus - please get your act together!

Rick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rick81
Coach

Today, Oct 19th, I finally received the "Automation Hub" (along with a gigabit switch and 2 smart plugs). The installation of the camera was successful but calibration will have to wait until tomorrow.

Thanks to MelH for listening to my tale of woe!

Now I need to determine if I access the camera from my desk-top computer or can it only be monitored from the APP?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

MelH
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hey there, I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience. Could you please send our social media team a private message on our official TELUS Facebook page or a DM on our TELUSSupport Twitter page with a link to this post? We will be more than happy to escalate this and make sure you get the help that you need. Thank you. 

Thanks for getting back MelH. I'm not sure of your role here with respect to Telus. I'll assume that since you did not forward my email directly to TelusSupport that you are acting here as a volunteer not a Telus employee/representative.

That said, the fact that I need to go to social media pages such as Facebook or Twitter to get help speaks volumes about Telus! However as a long-time customer of Telus and its predecessors I am losing my patience.

MelH
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hey Rick81, I am a Community Manager on the TELUS team. As much as we would like to assist you on the Neighbourhood directly, we're limited with the information that we can ask for here due to privacy reasons.  If you reach out to us through Twitter or Facebook, either myself or another member of our Social Media team will be able to assist you further with getting your request escalated in a timely manner.

Rick81
Coach

Thank you for the clarification.

I will attempt to contact you via social media.

Rick81
Coach

Today, Oct 19th, I finally received the "Automation Hub" (along with a gigabit switch and 2 smart plugs). The installation of the camera was successful but calibration will have to wait until tomorrow.

Thanks to MelH for listening to my tale of woe!

Now I need to determine if I access the camera from my desk-top computer or can it only be monitored from the APP?

Rick81
Coach

An update! I received my bill for Sept/October and was shocked at the total. Because of all the delays I was charged $200 plus tax for not activating the 2 cameras within 30 days.  Yes 2 cameras! The first camera arrived in 3 weeks after my original contract date.  The 2nd arrived in error a week later and the "HUB" did not arrive until WELL after the 30 day window had passed. After several phone calls the first $100+tax was refunded within 24 hours. The 2nd $100+tax was somewhat more problematic. It took another week to get that finally resolved.

Yes the latest bill is now all resolved BUT it took an inordinate amount of time and effort to accomplish it. I wish I'd kept track of my time and could bill Telus!