cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Haven Security

starchoice
Ambassador

Anybody have dealings with this company? They are selling door to door. Got talked into signing a contract but want to cancel now. Contract states 10 days to cancel by either in-person, registered mail or fax. I can do it by fax but I can't find a fax number. It's conveniently not on the contract. It's not on their website. I can't do it in person because they are in Calgary and I am in Edmonton. I don't think that I should have to incur a registered mail cost just to cancel this so want to avoid this method. Yea, I called them. The woman on the other end told me that the fax number was "unavailable" and hung-up the phone on me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MelH
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hey there, I will be sending you a private message shortly to make sure you get the help that you need.  Thanks for your patience! 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MelH
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hey there, I will be sending you a private message shortly to make sure you get the help that you need.  Thanks for your patience! 

starchoice
Ambassador

So when I wrote my first post, I had filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. They sympathized with me but said that they were unable to help because Smart Haven never responds to them and I suppose that is how they were successful in getting their "F" rating from BBB. Smart Haven actually wrote me a snarky and insulting e-mail saying that there are lots of ways to cancel the contract and that I am the "first" to ask for a fax number. Well, so what? The only other ways listed are registered mail (expensive and inconvenient) and in-person (office is in Calgary, I am in Edmonton). 

MelH
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hey Starchoice, thanks for replying to my private message.  I can assure you that this has been escalated, and truly appreciate your patience. 

starchoice
Ambassador

Thank you to @MelH for the help on this. In the early stages, I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau against Smart Haven. It looks like they finally responded to BBB and basically, they blasted me for requesting their fax number, suggesting that I was an idiot to ask for it. Apparently, I am the only one ever and the first ever to ask for a fax number, notwithstanding the fact that it is only one of three ways to cancel, according to the contract. They also stated that it is a standardized contract used across the country, like the customer would know this. Additionally, they state that the contract is being rewritten, not sure why but maybe to remove the reference to fax cancellation? In the end, it is obvious that they either do not even have a fax or refuse to divulge it. It is embarrassing that Telus has partnered with a company like this.