cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deceitful any lying door to door salespersons.

KayJV
Just Moved In

This is just a warning about Telus door to door salesman. I signed up for the security service un the pretense from the salesman that it was a 1-year contract. As it turns out, the guy lied to our faces, and we really signed up for 5 years.

READ the entire contract before you sign it. Do not trust the slime balls that come to your door. They will do or say anything to get you to sign on the dotted line.

And once you sign up, Telus doesn’t care if their contractors were dishonest.

To be fair, I’m not unhappy with the service. The sensors do go offline a lot, so I can say it’s not that reliable.  I just hate being lied to, especially when the only repercussions are on me.

My other services are off contract this month, and I’ll be cancelling all my
Telus services and switch to Shaw or another provider. Hopefully the monthly deal I get with them will serve as a way to finance the VERY HIGH cancellation fee.

Has anyone else experienced this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MelH
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hey KayJV, sorry for the delay.  We have 3 or 5 year terms for our SmartHome Security services, which depends on a few factors (promotional offers available, plans, etc). Being told that your contract was only 1 year isn't right, and I definetly want to escalate this further to make sure the feedback is sent to the representative, and make sure you get the technical assistance you need. I'll be sending you a private message in a moment to discuss further. Thanks for your patience!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

polecat
All-Star

@KayJV  I never sign a contract unless i have looked at the term and happy with it. Got caught once years ago on an interest change in one. Will not deal with door to door sales people or election ones or fund raising unless i know the person. Polecat

MelH
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hey KayJV, sorry for the delay.  We have 3 or 5 year terms for our SmartHome Security services, which depends on a few factors (promotional offers available, plans, etc). Being told that your contract was only 1 year isn't right, and I definetly want to escalate this further to make sure the feedback is sent to the representative, and make sure you get the technical assistance you need. I'll be sending you a private message in a moment to discuss further. Thanks for your patience!