cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility between ADT Security System & Telus Home Phone service over fibre

ValerioR
Friendly Neighbour

Has anyone who previously had a monitored ADT Security System, which communicated with the ADT monitoring service over their landline phone, been able to migrate their Telus Home Phone service to Telus PureFibre?

The ADT system I have is the DSC PowerSeries PC1832 and it experienced a communication error after Telus migrated my Home Phone service, so they had to return the Home Phone service to copper.  Each time I contact Telus Security about this issue a different hardware solution is proposed by them.  One complicating factor is that a security system that requires cellular communication would not be an option as my location dose not have a sufficiently good cellular signal.

5 REPLIES 5

ValerioR
Friendly Neighbour

Has anyone who previously had a monitored ADT Security System, which communicated with the ADT monitoring service over their landline phone, been able to migrate their Telus Home Phone service to Telus PureFibre?

The ADT system I have is the DSC PowerSeries PC1832 and it experienced a communication error after Telus migrated my Home Phone service, so they had to return the Home Phone service to copper. Each time I contact Telus Security about this issue a different hardware solution is proposed by them. One complicating factor is that a security system that requires cellular communication would not be an option as my location dose not have a sufficiently good cellular signal.

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ValerioR Seeing as how you've already tried calling in (and I'm not equipped to give you an answer), can I trouble you to connect with our social media team who can escalate that for you?

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/telus/

Twitter:  https://twitter.com/TELUSsupport?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

starchoice
Ambassador

I have an ADT system that has been migrated to Telus PureFibre. Mine is via landline as well. 

I recall receiving a notice that the copper service would be discontinued so wouldn't eventually your system not work at all?

Wouldn't the better solution be to replace your existing keypad with one compatible with PureFibre rather than going back to copper?

I do know that it's a pain reaching the right person at Telus to help you. It's very time consuming because most times, you will just get front line people giving you cookie cutter responses. You need to keep pushing them until you reach the right party that can assist you. Meanwhile, you should not be paying if your system does not work.

I would request a technician for service. This is the only real solution.

ValerioR
Friendly Neighbour
I have contacted Telus Security about this many times, resulting in several on-site technician visits. Some told me that the system I have should work, and others said it will not work. Of those who said it would not work, some suggested replacing it with PowerSeries NEO, and others with QOLSYS.

Could you please tell me which ADT system you have (i.e., that works using Telus Home Phone service over fibre)?

@ValerioR I have checked my manual as the model number must be on the rear of the keypad and I'm not sure how to remove it. The alarm is Honeywell branded right on the front of the keypad and the manual shows it as the ADEMCO VISTA-10P. This works with ADT (Telus). I was converted to PureFibre last year. It is a wired system via landline (my home phone number). The manual also includes the Ademco Vista-10PSIA which I'm guessing would have some additional upgrades.