What do get in your "Basic Channels" for PIKTV?

LemonTreez
Friendly Neighbour

I've just signed up for PIK TV. The concept is perfect, but I'm confused about the product.

TELUS website when I'm signing up clearly indicates that US networks (NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX) are included in the "BASICS" channels, but upon activation, they are no where to be found.

Have spent a couple of hours being bounced around online chats and calls, but haven't received any clear answers - truth is somewhere between "those stations aren't available" and "we have opened a ticket and they should be available in 2-24 hours" (3 days ago). 

Any clarity on this? Thanks.

Community Power User
Community Power User

Nowhere can I see the US networks are listed as part of the basics for Pik TV. Even the sign up page I get doesn't show any of those networks. The Optik TV Essentials channels though will have them.

Pik TV Channels: https://www.telus.com/en/bc/tv/pik/channels

Also see: TELUS Pik TV channel selection guide PDF (3.6 MB)

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
LemonTreez
Friendly Neighbour

This is what I was offered when purchasing:

Pik Options.PNG

Community Power User
Community Power User

That's odd since those American channels are not available on Pik at all. That looks like it's from Optik. I wonder if there's a glitch on the order website or something. Even on my Pik TV I dont' have those channels. 

These are the Optik essentials:

OptikEssentials.jpg

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. Smiley Happy
Community Power User
Community Power User

@LemonTreez Also, how did you get that screen you posted the photo of? No matter what I put in to the Pik order page, it never shows the list of Basic channels like the screenshot you posted. 

LemonTreez
Friendly Neighbour

Hmm. It is really odd. Thanks for the help. One Telus rep on the phone did tell me that there was just some trouble in my account and that it would be fixed within a day. But of course it wasn't. Everyone else said this wasn't their area and kept forwarding me. The usual. I'll figure it out and if they aren't included, I will cancel. Without those sites, I'm not really any further ahead than just watching straight off the network websites. Cut the cord 8 or 9 years ago, and thought I'd try Pik just for the convenience, but so far doesn't seem worth it. 

LemonTreez
Friendly Neighbour

Hi

When I login to my Telus account, and I go to first order, and even now to customize, my PIK TV, this is the screen I get. I can then select which of the $4 challenges etc. that I want. I have "Pure Fibre" and am in BC. I do see now that these offerings are different than those advertised without logging in. Very strange and confusing. 

Community Power User
Community Power User

The Canadian networks for the most part will also broadcast a lot of the popular shows from the US stations. The one advantage I find from Pik is On Demand, though it will depend on which other channels you subscribe to.

LemonTreez
Friendly Neighbour

It's true. What I wanted was the On Demand feature, so that for example when the kids miss a week of the Big Bang on CTV, we can still see it as they get locked quickly on the websites.  Maybe it will turn out to be worth it even without the US networks - we will see. At this point, it's the principle of the things Smiley Happy

Hey @LemonTreez 

Thanks for letting us know about the discrepancy in what is displayed for basic channels. @Nighthawk is correct, those US stations are not available with Pik at this time. Our support teams have been made aware and will look into having the list corrected. Smiley Happy

Danger
Advocate

I have see this from time to time as well, but then it goes away and I don't see it for a while. First time it happened I got really excited thinking they added a bunch of new channels lol.

LemonTreez
Friendly Neighbour

Ok. I'm not sure thanks is the right word Smiley Happy but happy to help Telus realize they have a little bait and switch problem going on on the website!  I'm resigned to not having them. The service works great and I'll try it for a few months but I'm still not sure it's that much better than just watching off the websites. 

Thanks for the help everyone