cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded Pik TV?

J980432
Organizer

I received an email telling me to upgrade my Pik TV apps and browser to get an updated experience as of April 20. On Apple, Android and in the browser, it all seems pretty much identical. Did anything actually change? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KHR
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

There was a typo in the date due to a delay - it should have been April 27th. Starting today, new versions of apps across Apple TV, iOS, Android TV and Android mobile will be available. If you have automatic updates enabled on your devices, the new app will be pushed to you automatically over the next week or so. If you want the new app right away, you can simply update in the App Store/Play Store. The browser version at telus.com/watchpik has also been updated. 

The user interface across Apple TV, iOS and Android mobile is largely the same. The interface on browser and Android TV has been updated.

If you're using the browser, you'll want to update your bookmarks to watchpiktv.com or continue using telus.com/watchpik

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Most of the changes are behind the scenes, such as stream concurrency issues, and on demand. I’m not aware of any changes to the interface.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

KHR
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

There was a typo in the date due to a delay - it should have been April 27th. Starting today, new versions of apps across Apple TV, iOS, Android TV and Android mobile will be available. If you have automatic updates enabled on your devices, the new app will be pushed to you automatically over the next week or so. If you want the new app right away, you can simply update in the App Store/Play Store. The browser version at telus.com/watchpik has also been updated. 

The user interface across Apple TV, iOS and Android mobile is largely the same. The interface on browser and Android TV has been updated.

If you're using the browser, you'll want to update your bookmarks to watchpiktv.com or continue using telus.com/watchpik

brianb1
Friendly Neighbour

Our app isn't currently working on our Sony TV and through the browser. we cannot log in

philWhistler
Friendly Neighbour

I am finding that using the browser, the new site often fails to start streaming showing only the first frame randomly. However as of this morning, it is failing 100% of the time and is non-functional. I am running Safari on MacOS 12.3.1

Another issue is the logout function in browser does not work. Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 8.00.09 AM.png

This issue remains unaddressed.  

All your streams are failing? Is this across all channels/sources? 

philWhistler
Friendly Neighbour
If this is the issue I think it was, it was an multi day outage after some upgrade. My service has been restored.

To answer your question, yes all stream formats were broken.

Phil

Ah, gotcha! Good to know! You mentioned service is restored, so the streams are working now? 

brianb1
Friendly Neighbour
Android tv from Sony used to have the optik app. Now we only have the pik tv app.
I think it was removed after the update

brianb1
Friendly Neighbour

What happened to the Optik TV app on the Sony Android TV.  It disappeared ?   I only see pik TV.  

It is still on the apple tv ios but was removed from the Sony Android TV.  Can you please put it back ?

brianb1
Friendly Neighbour

What happened to the Optik TV app on the Sony Android TV.  It disappeared ?   I only see pik TV.  

It is still on the apple tv ios but was removed from the Sony Android TV.  Can you please put it back ?