cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to login to Apple TV app after update

krooney
Friendly Neighbour
My app must have updated today and now I am unable to login with my proper credentials. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, etc and continue to have this issue. Does anyone have a fix?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @PerrinSA 

I'm sorry that tech support hasn't resolved this for you. We're doing our best to try and get the message to our front line but we have a large number of agents spread across multiple time zones. 

My recommendation would be to insist that your issue cannot be resolved without a trouble ticket and it may need back office escalation to resolve the problem with your account creation on the new app platform. Feel free to mention that you were discussing the problem here with the Pik TV Product Manager and this was their recommendation.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @krooney 

With the Pik TV app upgrade, a small number of users are encountering account credential issues - based on what you've described, it appears your username and password weren't created properly for the new app (not your fault - it is a back-end data problem). In order to resolve this, you'll need to contact TELUS directly, either by phone, chat or through social media (@TELUSSupport on twitter). Mention that your account credentials aren't working for the new Pik TV app, but they worked fine on the old app and they should be able to help you out. Apologies for the inconvenience!

Hi @KHR 
I have been trying to get this issue resolved for a week now. Each time I contact Telus Support I have to go through the entire troubleshooting exercise of resetting the app, rebooting devices etc, despite sharing this forum entry as reference.

Is there something (KB article or incident reference) that I can provide to support to get my account issue resolved?

Now that all my apps have updated I no longer have the ability to watch any live tv on any device.

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @PerrinSA 

I'm sorry that tech support hasn't resolved this for you. We're doing our best to try and get the message to our front line but we have a large number of agents spread across multiple time zones. 

My recommendation would be to insist that your issue cannot be resolved without a trouble ticket and it may need back office escalation to resolve the problem with your account creation on the new app platform. Feel free to mention that you were discussing the problem here with the Pik TV Product Manager and this was their recommendation.