cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus TV+ app on Chromecast TV not starting

BartF
Neighbour
When trying to open the Telus TV+ app on my Chromecast with TV, it's no longer opening.
It's just hanging on the Telus TV+ logo and refreshing the screen continuously.
Reboot of the Chromecast doesn't change anything.
Is anyone else having the same issue?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @BartF @NotGood @jwyse @musicfreakcat1 @Sanrdj

The issue should now be resolved - you may need to:

1. update the app

2. clear your cache and data in Android TV settings --> Apps --> TELUS TV+, or

3. uninstall and reinstall (you will need to log back in).

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

musicfreakcat1
Friendly Neighbour

I have the exact same issue! Frustrating! Telus please fix!

Edincanada
Just Moved In
Purple splash screen > black > purple splash screen > black on a loop forever? That's what started to happen to me. I use an android Nvidia shield TV

Exactly that. It just keeps blinking on black screen and the Telus TV logo without stopping

musicfreakcat1
Friendly Neighbour

It works on my phone though.

Yep, same here. It works on my android phone. I tried uninstalling, rebooting then reinstalling the app. It did not work.

Well I guess I'll enjoy my show on my phone. Not ideal but at least it's something!

Sanrdj
Just Moved In

Yep here too.  I just posted on another page about same issue.   Honestly feel better knowing it’s not just me!!! 

Yeah, no point in messing around trying to fix it. It's obviously a problem on their end!

jwyse
Neighbour

Having the same issue. Tried every fix that telus suggested through their automated support. Tried to talk to someone through telus, but the wait was over an hour and I gave up. Hoping there will be an update for the app soon to fix this problem. 

NotGood
Friendly Neighbour
Getting this as well on my devices. Telus better give us back credit for this. When I pay for tv I expect to be able to watch it.

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. The Android TV development team is aware and working on a resolution. I will reply here when there's an update. Thanks for your patience.  

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

The issue should now be resolved - you may need to:

1. update the app

2. clear your cache and data in Android TV settings --> Apps --> TELUS TV+, or

3. uninstall and reinstall (you will need to log back in).

musicfreakcat1
Friendly Neighbour

Thank you! Mine worked without doing anything to the app. It flashed the Telus logo at first for a few seconds like it was doing earlier when it was malfunctioning and then it was fine.

It is still not working and I spent over an hour with two techs today!

jwyse
Neighbour

We use Pik TV with the Telus TV+ app on our android Sony TV. Today the app will not open. On clicking on the app, the TV screen will flash the Telus TV+ logo then flash a black screen over and over again. I have tried clearing the app cache, uninstaling and re installing. Updated the firmware on the TV, made sure all permissions were granted for the app. But it will not open. Looking for a fix. 

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @jwyse 

There's another thread here: https://forum.telus.com/t5/Pik-TV/Telus-TV-app-on-Chromecast-TV-not-starting/td-p/138887

The Android TV development team is aware and working on a resolution. I will reply here when there's an update. Thanks for your patience.  

madatron
Just Moved In

The Telus TV+ App will not start on Chromecast as of today. I have two devices and on attempting to launch the app, it will flash the Telus TV logo on screen and then restart over and over.

Having the same problem. Not impressed with Telus seeing how hard it is to connect with an actual PERSON about fixing this issue.

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @madatron 

There's another thread here: https://forum.telus.com/t5/Pik-TV/Telus-TV-app-on-Chromecast-TV-not-starting/td-p/138887

The Android TV development team is aware and working on a resolution. I will reply here when there's an update. Thanks for your patience.  

Sanrdj
Just Moved In

Had the Telus tv + app working fine with chromecast but today when I tried to start it up I just get the start up purple flash page and it continues to flash.  Never starts.  I have tried deleting and readding the app , updating chromecast and clearing cache on all apps.  Nothing has worked.  Help!!!