Significant delay for On Demand after airing

This thread's discussion is locked. If it doesn't give you the information you need, head to its forum board for active discussions or to start a new discussion.

J980432
Connector

There seems to be quite a long lag after a show airs until it's available on demand with Pik TV. Last Week Tonight, for example, aired Sunday and two days later on Tuesday the only options listed to watch are times when it airs live. There is no way to watch it On Demand yet. Is this a bug, or did Telus intentionally include a substandard on demand service to avoid competing with its full Optik TV service? The HBO Go app (which Pik TV users are not allowed to have access to) has episodes on demand an hour after they air.

Community Power User
Community Power User
There is a delay for the content to populate onto PikTV, but I never use it much to notice. I believe it's 4-5 days, but don't quote me on that.

As for the HBO app (TMNGo), PikTV, Telus Satellite customers don't get access to the app. Bell media is the one that controls access to the content.

There is no reason why Bell couldn't allow it, but they choose not to. It's something Telus satellite customers have wanted for a long time on many apps that require a provider login "pay wall".
Community Power User
Community Power User

Last Week Tonight is rarely if ever available on TMN Go an hour after it airs. It sometimes takes Bell a day or two to get the content up. HBO Go is only available in the USA.

njb2ski
Resident

I have the same issue - Last Week Tonight from last week was available on Saturday I believe - i don't mind waiting for 1-2 days but it's ridiculous for it not to be available until almost a week later.  Other shows we are also having the problem with are Bachelorette (a guilty pleasure), and also Late Show with Stephen Colbert.  Also Westworld season 1 was totally available in full but as it's now being repeated, the episodes are no longer available on demand until after it airs the repeats again - but even then they're not available - episode 2 is missing entirely.  What gives?

Community Power User
Community Power User

For the Late Show I just go on YouTube and watch the show there on the official channel. They seem to air pretty much the entire thing but broken into pieces and it's up hours after it's on TV usually.

KootenayGreg
Connector

Today I tried to watch on Global On Demand: The Brave, only available is LIVE on 16Oct2017 (3 days ago); Seals - again only option was for two days ago, live. I am trying to like pik tv, but it’s not cooperating, I watch most shows on Netflix, which is also on my Apple TV.