cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote or box not working. Help

Clj9uk2003
Neighbour
I can't get my box to turn on. It was working yesterday.
I Pressed power on my remote nothing happened. Changed batteries still nothing.
Pressed every button.. nothing.
I have the new pik tv box. Is the round circle on the front the power button? I Pressed that nothing happens.
I Unplugged and plugged everything back in nothing.
I can't figure out why it's not working. Its so frustrating.
The is remote blinking white.
The box has white light underneath.
Please help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Clj9uk2003 

At this point, you probably need to connect with a troubleshooting agent, since there's limited troubleshooting strangers on the internet can do 🙂. I assume that you've checked with either a difference device and the same HDMI cable, or a different HDMI cable?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

xray
Hero

Try unplugging/replugging the power to the box

KHR
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi @Clj9uk2003 

Do you still have the Quick Install Guide that came with your TELUS TV Digital Box? There is information there on LED indicators on the box and the remote in there. If the LED on the box is white - it's powered on. If it's blue, it's in standby mode. If it's off, the box is either in deep standby or not connected to power. The button on the front of the box functions as power.

If your box has a white light underneath, you'll want to check that your HDMI cable (the one supplied with the box) is connected to both your TV and your box and seated properly, and the correct input on your TV is selected.

For the remote - if there's a flashing white LED, then the remote is in pairing mode. I'd recommend the following:

1. Press and hold the 4 & 6 buttons until the LED on your TELUS remote lights up solid green
  2. Press OK and wait for the LED to flash green twice (the remote has now been un-paired from your TELUS TV Digital Box)
  3. Press any key and wait a few seconds (this will cause your remote to connect via IR mode)
  4. The LED should now be flashing white with any key press
  5. Press the OK button on the remote while pointing the remote at your TELUS TV Digital Box. This will trigger the Bluetooth pairing mechanism between your TELUS remote and TELUS TV Digital Box

For more information - see the support articles: 

https://www.telus.com/en/support/article/set-up-your-new-telus-tv-digital-box

https://www.telus.com/en/support/article/telus-tv-digital-box-remote 

I have done everything you have said. Nothing works. It's like the power button on the box does not work. The light just stays white when pressing power button, Even when pressing factory reset. It doesn't flicker go off change colour nothing.
It's a new box only had it a month or so.

Hi @Clj9uk2003 

At this point, you probably need to connect with a troubleshooting agent, since there's limited troubleshooting strangers on the internet can do 🙂. I assume that you've checked with either a difference device and the same HDMI cable, or a different HDMI cable?

Yes I did got a new box coming . Thanks for trying