cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random charges

popperoni
Organizer
Anyone else get added random charge for Pik tv on their telus bill after this half broken update to the app? I got a fee for a change made and then a higher fee to cancel the change though I never made ANY changes!
This update just keeps getting better and better:(
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @popperoni 

Any billing changes should be unrelated to the Pik TV app updates. A few questions: Did you get sent a new TELUS TV Digital Box to replace your Pik TV Media Box? If so, you would see a $5 monthly rental charge and an accompanying $5 monthly discount.

If it's something else - can you describe the charge and where you're seeing it? Examples: is it for channels/subscriptions or equipment and is it online in your My TELUS account or has your bill generated and you're seeing it on a bill?

Sometimes if agents aren't able to resolve issues, they may cancel and recreate your account, and you'll see pro-rated partial charges (but these should add up to the same regular monthly charge).

Unfortunately, no one here has access to your account, and any billing discrepancies must be handled by one of our agents.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @popperoni 

Any billing changes should be unrelated to the Pik TV app updates. A few questions: Did you get sent a new TELUS TV Digital Box to replace your Pik TV Media Box? If so, you would see a $5 monthly rental charge and an accompanying $5 monthly discount.

If it's something else - can you describe the charge and where you're seeing it? Examples: is it for channels/subscriptions or equipment and is it online in your My TELUS account or has your bill generated and you're seeing it on a bill?

Sometimes if agents aren't able to resolve issues, they may cancel and recreate your account, and you'll see pro-rated partial charges (but these should add up to the same regular monthly charge).

Unfortunately, no one here has access to your account, and any billing discrepancies must be handled by one of our agents.

We haven't received a new box or even been notified there would be one actually. The charge is added a Pik tv discount may 04 to may 09, then canceled Pik tv discount may 03 to may 09 resulting in the cancellation fee being more then the discount. While the actual charge is small that isn't the point since we did not make any changes.

Who at telus keeps deciding their responses are suddenly 'Accepted Solutions'?

Anyone else out there have the pik tv part of their bill increase last month and AGAIN this month even though they are only HALF  way through a TWO YEAR AGREEMENT!?

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

The regular monthly price of Pik TV is $20 for 'The Basics + Pik 5'. I would guess that you had a discount that expired part way through your billing cycle last month, so you may have seen a pro-rated increase last month, and the full increase this month.

It's also worth noting that Pik TV is a month-to-month service; there are no service agreement and you can cancel at any time with no penalty. You are likely on a 2-year agreement on your internet service.